• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Book Girl and the Captive Fool Novel 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote
Wasn't the plot of the second book based on Wuthering Heights, not a Japanese novel? Not that that really mattered to me, I hated Wuthering Heights so I was less than pleased to find myself reading another version of it, hopefully I'll end up liking this volume better. And thanks for the review, it's been a while since I read the second book so I probably wouldn't have remembered some of those plot points/characters if I hadn't read over this first.
Nineofclubs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Pretty sure it was, actually made me intrested in Wuthering heights.
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it was Wuthering Heights, along with a few of my favorite George MacDonald books. I got confused because the treatment of the text was such a uniquely Japanese view (at least in terms of literary criticism) that her statements put me more in mind of Asian literature. I believe volume 4 will be Phantom of the Opera, which is pretty exciting.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this volume. The first volume was a great setup for the series and makes Takeda interesting right off the bat. Volume 2 felt like a side story, it didn't have a direct impact on the regular characters and no real lasting effect on the overall story. This volume will have a lasting impact on the series as an important character builder for Konoha and Akutagawa, and even Kotobuki begins her slow development as the resident tsundere. Plus there's the surprise ending (which you'd already know if you've seen the movie).

I'd love to see this adapted into a TV series.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1