• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Siren Visual Announces Two Acquisitions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote
My 14-year-old niece asked for Higurashi no naku koro ni vol 1 for her birthday this year, and it was cleared with her parents (against my recommendation BTW, but so be it). Then vol. 2 for Christmas.

So looks like it will be Kai vol 1 for birthday (June) and then vol 2 for christmas.
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:41 am Reply with quote
American's look at this release announcement and just shake there heads. It feels good to finally beat the buggers to it
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:48 am Reply with quote
tcdelaney wrote:
My 14-year-old niece asked for Higurashi no naku koro ni vol 1 for her birthday this year, and it was cleared with her parents (against my recommendation BTW, but so be it). Then vol. 2 for Christmas.

So looks like it will be Kai vol 1 for birthday (June) and then vol 2 for christmas.

Higurashi no naku koro ni is rated MA 15+ in New Zealand and Australia which means it's illegal to show it to an under 15 yo. You have to be seriously stupid to get this for a 14 yo.
Ringking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:56 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
tcdelaney wrote:

Higurashi no naku koro ni is rated MA 15+ in New Zealand and Australia which means it's illegal to show it to an under 15 yo. You have to be seriously stupid to get this for a 14 yo.

Correction. It is illegal to 'exhibit' (make of this what you will) an MA15+ piece of media to persons under 15 who are not supervised by a parent or legal guardian. That is to say that showing the media, or providing the media, with the consent of the persons legal guardian is NOT ILLEGAL.

But anyway..

W000000000T! Times like this I'm glad to be an Aussie.
tcdelaney

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Ringking wrote:
Correction. It is illegal to 'exhibit' (make of this what you will) an MA15+ piece of media to persons under 15 who are not supervised by a parent or legal guardian.

Correct. It's up to my sister (or brother-in-law) to supervise her watching. I advised them of all of this (and that I myself found the show too disturbing to watch more than one arc at a sitting).

The annoying thing is that when they were younger I wasn't allowed to show them things like Totoro or Kiki because it was anime.
Nephtis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:30 am Reply with quote
Excellent, more Higurashi for me! I only just picked up the first series in the last couple of months - so the timing is perfect. I assumed they wouldn't release any more of it since it's not licensed in America - but hey I'm not complaining!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1