• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban 5 Game Announced by Capcom

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:02 am Reply with quote
OMG YAY !!!! Very Happy
Please make it on NDS consoles...
I dont have a 3DS yet ;u;
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:31 am Reply with quote
Sweet! I wonder if Capcom will bring it over, after all, the blamed Ghost Trick by the same guys for basically ruining their first quarter single handedly last year for not being a huge success like Phoenix Wright was. Hopefully they will still bring it over because this is Gyakuten Saiban, not Ghost Trick (also, everyone go play Ghost Trick, it's freakin' amazing)
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:13 am Reply with quote
I'm not getting hyped until a NA release is announced. After Gyakuten Kenji 2, I'm reluctant to fully trust Capcom, though I'll preorder it in a heartbeat if it's announced for NA.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:42 am Reply with quote
Awesome, been waiting for this Smile. Hope its stays on the ds and doesn't just go to the 3ds, I haven't got one yet Surprised.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
Let's hope the trilogy iOS port get release in English. This is one more reason why the Iphone will be the next phone for me. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
skyechan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote
Awesome!!!! I hope this one gets ported like the others. My guess is that they'd go for the 3DS for the new game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:59 am Reply with quote
Also Siliconera has some information about this. Also they said something about the cost of the trilogy:

Siliconera wrote:
Ace Attorney 123 HD: Phoenix Wright will have new graphics. Each game will cost 600 yen ($7.80) or you can get the trilogy for 1,200 yen ($15.60).
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
WindAlchemistJen wrote:
I'm not getting hyped until a NA release is announced. After Gyakuten Kenji 2, I'm reluctant to fully trust Capcom, though I'll preorder it in a heartbeat if it's announced for NA.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Capcom's being too shifty about Miles Edgeworth's latest outing for me to get too excited about this. In fact, I'd be more irritated if they brought over this new one and left out the previous entry altogether. Let's hope Capcom comes to their senses, which, considering their record as of late, might not happen... ;3;
Loren Leah

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am Reply with quote
It was disappointing that Kenji 2 didn't come over, but frankly nobody's missing anything anyway... it was even worse than Kenji 1.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the new game will continue from Apollo Justice or if it'll go back to Pheonix. I'm not sure if people were too thrilled about Apollo but I can imagine how switching protagonists wouldn't go over too well. I had no problem with it myself, but...
-Ushio-

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm a massive Phoenix Wright fan so this has me really excited! Smile

Maybe Capcom could sneak Edgeworth 2 in as an unlockable extra or something....? (one can only hope :/)
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I wonder if the new game will continue from Apollo Justice or if it'll go back to Pheonix. I'm not sure if people were too thrilled about Apollo but I can imagine how switching protagonists wouldn't go over too well. I had no problem with it myself, but...

Gyakuten Saiban 4 was the top selling game in the series last I checked.

In fact, it was 2 and 3's dwindling sales that probably caused them to change the protagonist. Gyakuten Saiban 4 with Odoroki and then the side-series Gyakuten Kenji for Reiji... both of which sold better than 2 or 3 did.
Tsuruya-San

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan , so this news have made my day. Very Happy
GVman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Gyakuten Saiban 4 was the top selling game in the series last I checked.

In fact, it was 2 and 3's dwindling sales that probably caused them to change the protagonist. Gyakuten Saiban 4 with Odoroki and then the side-series Gyakuten Kenji for Reiji... both of which sold better than 2 or 3 did.

Yes, but sales for Gyakuten Saiban 4 quickly dropped off after the first few weeks. Many people (myself not included) were disappointed in how Naruhodo Ryuichi overtook the game's last chapter and essentially stole the spotlight from Odoroki
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Ace attorney s profesor layton gets strong numbers, which leads to them giving PW 5 a second chance. if not I am sure that someone will translate it to english and release in online, this is anime fans we are talking about here, and a highly anticipated game for them, unlike miles, besides we also get the PW manga and the Miles manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1