• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Good Smile Company Figures Revealed at Wonder Festival

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Almost all look amazing! My favorites are the cheerful Miku, the nendo Inori, nendo BRS, the spoiler[goddess] Madoka, Kuzumonogatari (though I have yet to watch anything of the series), and the scaled Yozora Mikazuki (though I also have not seen it).

I have never gotten a figure before, but I am really considering getting one of these...[/spoiler]
silencer226

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[Goddess Madoka] one is awesome, I want it on my shelf now.[/spoiler] As long as idiots don't decide to break into my car again and steal stuff, maybe I'll be able to afford it.
gerbilx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
Just take all my money GSC.
Kohii

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:10 am Reply with quote
/throws cash and credit cards at screen but nothing happens

Shut up and take my money, GSC!

Very lovely selection. The spoiler[Ultimate] Madoka is must-have! Definitely getting that one as soon as preorders open at amiami. Other than that, Himari looks pretty grand with her penguin outfit.

I'm a little disappointed by Kyoko. Thought she would have a more serious and aggressive facial expression. Also, the other four scaled figures of the puella magi can actually look normal without their weapons. While Kyoko has to have her spear or she will look kinda of awkward otherwise. I'm still gonna buy her, though.

As for the rest, I don't care for Idolm@ster and my wallet is thankful that I haven't gotten into Miku (there just SO MUCH stuff from her). Yozora is very unappealing. Though, I would get a Sena scale figure if I like it enough.

Still I'm definitely getting the two Madoka ones and Himari.
superdry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:35 am Reply with quote
The Cheerful Japan Miku is a must buy. Miku is pretty much my weak point for figure buying these day.

Kiss-shot looks absolutely amazing (I'd also like to see a Karen figure made, too). Tempting.

Yozora looks good, so I hope GSC does a good Sena figure in the future.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 am Reply with quote
Just so people know this wasn't the only reveals at Wonder Festival for GSC, this doesn't even include all of the figma that were announced from Bakemonogatari, Legend of Zelda, AccelWorld, Persona 4, and others. Around 15 new figma were shown for the first time, there 8 of them that I plan on getting.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:19 am Reply with quote
And that rounds out the last two figures I need to round out the Madoka set.

Even though I usually make a rule of only getting one figure of each character from any given anime, I'll most definatly be breaking that rule for
spoiler[goddess] Madoka. Would have liked to see the spoiler[bow and wings] have a little more presence on the figure, but oh well .

Not so big on the Kyoko figure though, which is a shame since her's was the one I was looking forward to the most overall. The face is always the big factor on how much I like a figure, and I agree with Superdry's thoughts on the subject. I would have preferred a more vertical pose, still already got or ordered the first four, no sense leaving the set incomplete...
Mirri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Princess of the Crystal.

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME GOODSMILE? The TYPE-MOON figures, figmas, and nendoroids are enough of a pain in the wallet Anime cry
GhostShell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Just checked to see if the 1/8 Inori Yuzuriha was available on the HLJ site...Nope, not yet. Dang!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1