• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JManga Adds Tactics, Monochrome Factor Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited about them getting Your and My Secret. I just wish I didn't have to wait until v. 8 to see what happened. I already have 1-7 before TP closed up.

I've been waiting to get a subscription, because I want them to get their iPad app out, but I might get one sooner now, especially if they get more unfinished TP titles like VB Rose and Lady Kanoko.
LKK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Tactics and Good Witch of the West -- if JManga gets to beyond where Tokyopop stopped publishing, they may finally have some volumes I want to pay for.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I'd think about signing up if they'd pick-up these TP titles not finished: Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase, Foxy Lady and The Qwaser of Stigmata.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Tactics complete its run in English. I own everything Tokyopop released, so it'll be a while before I purchase it on Jmanga. Hooray for the opportunity though!
Demonic+Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm Reply with quote
...Huh...I'm guessing that Mag Garden is looking to jump in on the JManga bandwagon, or maybe it's something else. I'm naive to ask this since I don't know much about business management and marketing, but I'm curious as to how did that happen? Maybe they picked up some of Tokyopop's old licenses, since these series were once released from Tokyopop?

Last edited by Demonic+Elemental on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
I am in a happy shock over Good Witch. Tokyopop stopped right before the final volume so that is a sure buy for me, but since I already own all volumes up to it in physical form it's hard for me to justify double dipping
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:23 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
I'd think about signing up if they'd pick-up these TP titles not finished: Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase, Foxy Lady and The Qwaser of Stigmata.

I'd prefer those to be published in print, so I'd like the other company (such as Yen Press, Kodansha USA, Seven Seas Entertainment, etc.) to license-rescue those manga rather than this JManga (known for Online Manga) to pick up those.

Was interested in Monochrome Factor for some time, but was disappointed that it's going to be online (which I would never pay for online). :/
dragon695

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
Was interested in Monochrome Factor for some time, but was disappointed that it's going to be online (which I would never pay for online). :/

Agree, JManga has a pretty lousy reader as well. I'd much rather have a pdf if I was going to buy digital at all. I don't see why they can't print on demand.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
They mentioned they were looking into it when somebody asked about it on their Facebook page a while back(I stopped looking after it became impossible to follow things without being signed in), but my guess is that they're not big enough yet for the publishers to care.
MrXarnus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:52 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
They mentioned they were looking into it when somebody asked about it on their Facebook page a while back(I stopped looking after it became impossible to follow things without being signed in), but my guess is that they're not big enough yet for the publishers to care.

I e-mailed them about this a month ago, they said that they were still looking at it, so we can atleast say there planning something. (I hope)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1