• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Stream - When It Pours

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Is Sengoku Collection supposed to be an X? The end of the rant sounds like you're done with it, but it's still got a ranking arrow.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Quick note, the picture for HxH somehow got swapped out with the one for Jormugand.

And jeeze, I thought I was following a lot at 10 different shows this season, I salute you ma'am and hope you don't kill yourself in the process of trying to get through everything (also, since the Eureka 7 AO simulcast starts tomorrow will you be looking at the first two episodes of that as well or just cut it off since you already have so much?).
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I notice you didn't mention Bodacious Space pirates at all. Are you no longer following it, or maybe just putting it on hold since there's so much else airing right now?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
I notice you didn't mention Bodacious Space pirates at all. Are you no longer following it, or maybe just putting it on hold since there's so much else airing right now?

She forgot that one, as well as Saki Side A. They'll both appear in the next column.

I just want to point out that this column is 8000 words long.
opn

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
honestly im not that interested in boys on the slopes but i was never a fan of bebob so maybe thats why *holds up shield for the imbending march of spears and daggers*. And yes i completely agree about zetman i love the manga...but the anime is complete trash heck the only good thing about the anime is the animation for the fights and even that didn't stop me from dropping it. Space bros,kuroko and accel world are the titles this season im most hyped up about. I never was a fan of space or basketball but both space bros and kuroko made them interesting. Accel world is my favorite title this season and i love it and i really hope viz doesn't take too long on the release (assuming it does well enough for them). Regarding medaka box spoiler[just wait three more episodes it'll get much more interesting.] I still plan to see DMOA,nyaruko,saki episode A,phi brain 2,tsuritama and eureka seven AO but summer doesn't look that interesting so i guess i'll see those then. Im actually pretty disappointed shining hearts or hyouka didn't get a simulcast since those two im really enjoying oh well. Sad
@zac DANG i feel kinda bad for bamboo i wish her the best of luck in the future columns. Sad
sakurablossoms23

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Also, are you going to cover Haiyore! Nyaruko-san!?
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Here's why I'm watching Sengoku Collection: It's Brain's Base. I don't trust those people to keep a show in the genre it started in. I want to see where it goes.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

She forgot that one, as well as Saki Side A. They'll both appear in the next column.

Oh believe me, I'm not complaining, was just curious. She's already dealing with an absurd amount of shows, so I wouldn't have objected if she had decided to put some on the back burner until others get dropped and she has a bit less of a workload.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Great column, but now I'm dizzy.

sakurablossoms23 wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Maybe, but it might require that Bamboo switch her field of study from Biology to earning a doctorate in anime reviews. Y'know, something with job prospects.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
No Space Pirates? I remember that always ranked high and I was looking forward to seeing it drop since it now focused on a moe pirate crew
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
Great column, but now I'm dizzy.

sakurablossoms23 wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Maybe, but it might require that Bamboo switch her field of study from Biology to earning a doctorate in anime reviews. Y'know, something with job prospects.

Completely forgot about Nyaruko-san, how could I forget it? Wow, and there's Eureka Seven AO streaming this week as has been mentioned in this thread, and if Funimation ever actually starts streaming Sankarea there's that as well. (Also the new "Is this a Zombie?", but since I don't think Bamboo watched the first season that will probably be skipped anyways.)

Anyways, good column Bamboo. I've enjoyed the Stream ever since it started, and so many shows this season means there's even more of it to enjoy.

RyanSaotome wrote:
No Space Pirates? I remember that always ranked high and I was looking forward to seeing it drop since it now focused on a moe pirate crew

Zac answered that above, it will be added next column.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist on Wed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

If you read the thread, Zac said she forgot and it will be included in the next column.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:

Bamboo deserves a huge thumbs for this, I don't think anyone else could have pulled it off at this point.

Damn Bamboo you are still watching/keeping up with the spring shows?? I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are able to keep this up for a few more columns.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
BTW, the picture for Hunter x Hunter is wrong.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
Is Sengoku Collection supposed to be an X? The end of the rant sounds like you're done with it, but it's still got a ranking arrow.

Oops, that one slipped by me. That one is supposed to be an X. I guess that will free up room for Saki, Bodacious Space Pirates, Eureka 7 AO and Sankarea. ._.

Last edited by ANN_Bamboo on Wed May 02, 2012 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 11