• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GoRA, GoHands' K Anime Previewed in TV Ads

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:01 pm Reply with quote
looks interesting. need to know little bit more about the story

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Agreed. I've seen all the videos of this anime, but I don't feel like I know anything about it, other than people are going to fight each other. Who is this cat girl, for instance-- other than fan service?

Also, Crackle is basically the US version of Animax, so does that mean K will be streaming on Crackle?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:15 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
Agreed. I've seen all the videos of this anime, but I don't feel like I know anything about it, other than people are going to fight each other. Who is this cat girl, for instance-- other than fan service?

Also, Crackle is basically the US version of Animax, so does that mean K will be streaming on Crackle?

From all I've seen of it, she just seems like a female character to draw male fans to watch an otherwise totally fujoshi oriented show.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Holy christ. Must watch...so many hawt bishies~

That, and it looks seriously cool too.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:44 pm Reply with quote
The visuals and action for this thing look so damned good. I'll be impressed as hell if they can do that for the whole/most (of the) show.

Also, yeah since we don't know much at all about the story, while we don't how much that cat girl will be involved since she seems like mostly a fanservice girl (at least at the moment), I hope that that cool-looking blue uniformed sword-wielding chick will get to do some cool stuff and be decently important and not just fellow eye candy to go with the cat girl.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:58 pm Reply with quote
damn, amazing seiyuu line-up
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Japanese net users ranked #4 on most anticipated Anime next season

http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/official/38421/

biglobe poll are very close on what jp want. Most popular anime on that website, normally sell the most.

Also, that may not be a cat girl. Even though she said she is a cat. It could be a rabbit girl. The design is similar to the rabbit girl who live in the moon from Chinese myth.

Last edited by Spotlesseden on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pangea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
to be hones b4 i saw any video of this i thought it was gonna be cool but now.. after seeing all the trailers its just seems gay.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I'll try to guess what the show is about. Wish me luck. ^__^

Yashiro (the protagonist) is a normal high school boy being targeted by two opposing forces. One is a gang of thugs with supernatural (or maybe technological) abilities and the other is a police force (or some form of law enforcement) who want him because...he has a great pasta recipe? His kitty contins secrets toward the destruction of mankind? Oh...and he's friends w/ Neko who may (or not) be more than simple fanservice bait.
Enter Kuroh: a cool-looking, swordsman, also w/ powers, who wants to protect Yashiro from both forces (for some reason) spoiler[and maybe likes him? They seem to hug alot in the promos/commercials. >////<] Meanwhile, the gang's leader, Mikoto, and a member of the police force, Fushimi, engage in a turf war in the middle of the futuristic-looking city.

And that's all I can think of. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Who knows? Maybe K will be an interesting show. I'll just keep my expectations low.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Not exactly. Most people say its a war between 8 opposing forces each led by a king vying for power over the city.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Bigglobe polls also say that their top favorite anime of a particular season are also the worst, so I don't know what to believe from them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Pangea wrote:
to be hones b4 i saw any video of this i thought it was gonna be cool but now.. after seeing all the trailers its just seems gay.

Well, thank God no one cares about your ignorant homophobic opinion. Now buzz off.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:17 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
Bigglobe polls also say that their top favorite anime of a particular season are also the worst, so I don't know what to believe from them.

Shows that are popular get a lot of hate as well, since trolls always go after the popular shows. You see that on a lot of anime forums this season, Sword Art Online is getting all kinds of hate since its the most popular anime airing.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quote
This show looks slick.

I hate spunk. I mean slick. I hate slick.

I can't help but be cynical about this show. They've worked hard to keep the story out of sight and just leaned hard on the look and cast. If they're doing that, it makes me think that they either must have some amazing, surprising story that they want to keep a surprise, which everything that we have seen makes me doubt, or the plot is recycled dumb that they don't want to give anybody too much time to think about.

I guess that we don't have enough to judge either way, but my guess is vague sound and nonspecific fury signifying disappointment.

RyanSaotome wrote:
YotaruVegeta wrote:

From all I've seen of it, she just seems like a female character to draw male fans to watch an otherwise totally fujoshi oriented show.

Yes, but how will it play in Peoria?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:34 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Not exactly. Most people say its a war between 8 opposing forces each led by a king vying for power over the city.

Eight forces?
So there are more side characters? Shocked

Well, at least, I was close.

Edit: Never mind. I got the joke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3