• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
In need of support from Madoka Magica fans!!!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
So the Puella Magi Madoka Magica Movies are being released in America in theaters(Part 1 and 2). Some of the major cities like Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco are getting showings. People, such as myself, feel like the Movie showings should spread out more around the country. So I'm hoping at least to get the movie to show in my hometown of Georgia(not exactly a town but still a state). So apparently the best way to get a showing(so says an Aniplex representative) is to go on their Facebook page(@Aniplex USA) and ask for Madoka Magica the Movie to show in your state.
I'd like to receive support from fans in Atlanta,but having the movie show in other states is great too. Need all the support, so please help if you can.
Just go to the Aniplex USA Facebook page( http://www.facebook.com/AniplexUSA?fref=ts ) and put:
"Please show the Puella Magi Madoka Magica movies in (Name of city/state)!!!"
Atlanta, Georgia in my case.
Once you put in your support, spread it and ask your friends for support too!
So to all Madoka Magica fans, please go at them!!!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 pm Reply with quote
May I ask why you are so anxious to see two recap movies? Couldn't you just pop in your BDs (skipping the OP/ED) and see the content that way? If it was the third movie then I could easily understand such a desire to see it, but I just don't get the fervor for this.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 pm Reply with quote
There is some new animation, so they aren't total recaps.

And besides, hanging out with other PMMM fans and watching the story together seems kind of neat.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:03 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
There is some new animation, so they aren't total recaps.

And besides, hanging out with other PMMM fans and watching the story together seems kind of neat.

Oh, so true. If I didn't have any friends interested in watch stuff with me, I'd re-watch anime a whole lot less. And as wonderful as Madoka is, I don't think I could re-watch it more than I already have without getting others to watch it with me on at least some of those occasions. Would love to experience Madoka in a community setting, as much as I wouldn't personally know most of them (if I somehow follow through with my own crazy idea, I might meet up with this friend at the Chicago viewing... considering it's "proximity" to Missouri, don't think I'll be able to see the movie any "closer").

The other big appeal of seeing the Madoka films, aside from the additions in animation-art-music and the community aspect, is just the prospect of seeing it on a huge screen. Wide-faces will be appreciated more than they ever have before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
The other big appeal of seeing the Madoka films . . . is just the prospect of seeing it on a huge screen. Wide-faces will be appreciated more than they ever have before.

True that. It takes a wide screen to properly contain Ume Aoki's character designs.
katsura76

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:28 am Reply with quote
I hope you can get the support you need for this. If I lived even a little closer I would help. Unfortunately for me I think I am one of 4 anime fans in my city so we never get screenings here, I really want to move back to NY Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1