• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: IFC's Samurai Kittens

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumicite

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Anime on the cover of the NY Times Television section, absolutly unheard of! A feature article on the anime as the lead story in the Sunday NY Times Arts and Leisure Section? Amazing, perhaps anime has finally arrived. Alert the media, someone tell Ophrah!
scortia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm shocked to see IFC getting this sort of publicity for anything they air... I hope this means they may expand to other samurai series like Samurai Deeper Kyo or perhaps parts of Rurouni Kenshin. That Samurai Kittens game is funny and gruesome all at the same time. ^^;
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
scortia wrote:
I'm shocked to see IFC getting this sort of publicity for anything they air... I hope this means they may expand to other samurai series like Samurai Deeper Kyo or perhaps parts of Rurouni Kenshin. That Samurai Kittens game is funny and gruesome all at the same time. ^^;

they've been showing samurai movies for decades now... so i'm guessing the reason they're airing is cause of the obvious Kurosawa tie-in.
WEKS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:23 am Reply with quote
FURTALITY!

Damn that game was violent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
I actually had someone post that site a few weeks ago in the Anime forum, but I locked it and called it spam because it looked kind of stupid.

Mortal Kombat, I don't mind. But doing that concept with cats? It's better to be left alone...
link672

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I actually got spammed a bit a while ago from them, but I got some cheat codes for this game out of it. Thought I'd put a few up for you guys: Kambei, Katsushiro, Kikuchiyo. The furtalities are pretty hilarious though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1