• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Precure Producer: 'Precure Is Still Just 10 Years Old'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 am Reply with quote
Oh man, that's so sweet. I hope the series keeps garnering success for many years to come! Let's still be weirdos watching Precure when we're shriveled old ladies in our 60s. :D
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
More All Stars movies to go with this means less attention for all involved. Laughing
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:45 am Reply with quote
LOL if it does, the All Stars movies will just be 70 minutes of the girls transforming! Laughing
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 am Reply with quote
I've really got to start watching this series. Can anyone tell me a good place to watch it?
Kutsu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
As long as merchandise keep selling like hot cakes, it shouldn't be a problem.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:13 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
I've really got to start watching this series. Can anyone tell me a good place to watch it?

The original series is on Crunchyroll.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
I'm still kinda bummed Precure never made it to the states.... See these are the sad times we live in, 10-15 years ago any shonen or Magical girl anime could have made it on TV or at least to home video no problem, these days, not so much.... *sigh*
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
Soundmonkey44 wrote:
I'm still kinda bummed Precure never made it to the states.... See these are the sad times we live in, 10-15 years ago any shonen or Magical girl anime could have made it on TV or at least to home video no problem, these days, not so much.... *sigh*

Well, it did make it to Canada at least, with all the typical heavy localization kids shows are known for, like changing the girls to American names and totally censoring transformation scenes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d31ukSQJ8pA
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Soundmonkey44 wrote:

Well, it did make it to Canada at least, with all the typical heavy localization kids shows are known for, like changing the girls to American names and totally censoring transformation scenes:

Oh I know, I was actually jealous of Canada, still am, heavy Americanization or not, I would have loved for it to have gotten a brief stint on U.S. TV.

Oh well, I guess theres always streams.. I know Funimation used to have the first series up.

Also since Discotek seems to have a fairly good relationship with Toei, I wonder if they would ever consider getting the series, at this point a sub-only release would be fine & dandy with me.

But i'm rambling, so I digress.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Actually, it wasn't all that censored.

They kept the majority of the show intact. The only explicit things they changed were character names and maybe one or two scenes in the actual show. Otherwise, it's a pretty solid localization.

They even had a Translator and a Script Adaptor and assistance from Toei with the English version.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
Actually, it wasn't all that censored.

They kept the majority of the show intact. The only explicit things they changed were character names and maybe one or two scenes in the actual show. Otherwise, it's a pretty solid localization.

They even had a Translator and a Script Adaptor and assistance from Toei with the English version.

I think people are just preoccupied with the fact that they took out the nude-silhouette beginning part of the transformation sequences (though I doubt that the editors had that much work to do, since after an episode or two, that shot gets cut even out of the Japanese version to save for time!)
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
There are still chunks of the franchise without even fansubs. That said, I recall reading somewhere that Toei's commissioned English subtitles of the whole shebang for other-language dubs, so they could unleash it in its entirety today if they felt like it.
Lynx Amali wrote:
I didn't think that reference to WW2 would work well so far away from the fronts. Even if the Aleutian battles did such heavy damage, not many people live there.
thewizardninja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
There are still chunks of the franchise without even fansubs.

It's only Gogo that's left now and that's, like, half finished.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
thewizardninja wrote:
Polycell wrote:
There are still chunks of the franchise without even fansubs.

It's only Gogo that's left now and that's, like, half finished.

Well to be honest, Go Go was relatively poor follow up to its prequel and not to mention that Smile is now doing everything that Yes! did but better.
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Seriously they need to just stop. Even if it is popular it is just such a rehash and I would like something new.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2