• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Next To-Love-Ru Darkness Anime to Be OVA

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
I hope it leads to another season.

If the OVA is like the one before this season's, then I expect good uncensored stuff.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:26 am Reply with quote
Pooooorn
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:16 am Reply with quote
I am disappoint. If its a holdover until there is more manga for a tv season.

But they really need to stop using anime, it has a connotation of a series, if its going to be anything other than a tv series say that off the bat. Dont say x show is getting an anime, everyone thinks awesome a tv show, wrong 2 bleeping episodes or better yet an animated commercial.
Sosuke7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
I was anticipating this would be a full length season. Hopefully the OVA does well and it leads into a new season. Can't wait for more Momo Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:57 am Reply with quote
Sosuke7 wrote:
I was anticipating this would be a full length season. Hopefully the OVA does well and it leads into a new season. Can't wait for more Momo Smile

The show's doing well enough at over 10k a volume. It's not a high budget series, the manga sells well, so there must be money in making more of it.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
There goes any chance of a legal stream. For that matter, there doesn't seem to be much chance of a legal (domestic) source, given that none of the To Love Ru OVAs from the past have been licensed.
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:32 am Reply with quote
Awww Sad I'm disappointed by that.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the ova will cover the other side story chps. There's not enough manga out for a season 2 since season 1 stopped at about chp 22/23-ish and there's only 29 chps out.

Like I said before I rather have them take the ova route with the side story chps and wait on a season 2 till there's more manga. So we don't end up with a lot of filler compared to the other two series.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Well its only a matter of time until it gets a 2nd TV anime. Darkness sold better than both of the original TV series, so theres no reason to not continue it.
tangytangerine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Figures that it would be a OVA since there's only about 10 chapters they have yet to adapt. But at least this will be uncensored from the beginning.

Since they stopped right after introducing Tearju, the OVA might go to the next few chapters where spoiler[Rito starts getting close to Nana and Nemesis is introduced.]

Since they're basically following what they did with To Love-ru/Motto To Love-ru, with an OVA run in between. There will probably be another 2 years before we see another season.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm am perfectly fine with this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:30 am Reply with quote
the problem for the oh its a temp until there are more chapters, that anything short of SJ has no guarantee that by the time there are more chapters they will still animate it. TLR darkness runs monthly, ie we would need at least another year to get roughly the 20 chapters they made for the first season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1