• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ayame Gōriki Plays All-New Master in Live-Action Black Butler

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTO Neko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Hmm....this will be interesting to see where the actual story itself goes, but with the way it's taking a lot of changes.....a lot of fans are going to be leery about it all, myself included. Confused
cosain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm not a huge fan of the anime/manga series itself, I have seen the anime and thought it was just an ok series. Nothing wow, just filled with bishonens haha

So!
I'm highly anticipating this live action, in hoping it would probably take a turn of its own. I've missed Mizushima Hiro! Very Happy
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes. Yes. This is awesome.

Also I sort of could tell there would be a new master character. Really excited that it's a girl Anime smile This is going to be great!

... still no sign if any Grim Reapers will be in it...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 am Reply with quote
Why people go for live-action that deviate from the source like Hollywood...............
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
Have to admit, I'm not wild about the description of this, especially since the anime had a gecko ending, and the manga has run long enough to provide good source material. Why don't they do the circus arc? That rocked!
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
Well a movie would have to make sense out of context, since you need to market to more than just people who are already fans. The Circus Arc wouldn't really work out of context, and no offense to spoiler[Madame Red and Grell] but we're kind of sick of seeing the Jack the Ripper arc rehashed every which way. (I kind of hope they reboot the anime like they did with FMA, and speed up the beginning like they did with FMA).

A lot of people are going to be upset it's not Ciel, but if she's an heir of Phantomhive, that means she's either a descendant of Ciel and Lizzy, or if Ciel dies before marrying Lizzy/ having kids with her, she's a descendant of Lizzy or Edward (Ciel's next of kin, assuming there aren't any other aunts or uncles besides Frances and Angelina).

So however you cut it, she's a descendant of Frances. Which makes her automatically badass.

So that's cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1