• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zero no Tsukaima Author Noboru Yamaguchi Passes Away

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Some of the saddest news in a while. I really enjoyed the crazy exploits of Louise, and was looking forward to more. May he rest in peace.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote
"The 21st volume of Zero no Tsukaima novel will be delayed at least for two months. Please forgive me! Damn! I'll live on. I had been desperate, but I miraculously got an opportunity to take the operation. There is a possibility of survival. I really want to live

Not only does this depress that I dug up his old tweet from 2011 after surgery seen above. I'm actually in a real state of sadness right now because there are no words to express my sorrow that he is gone. Say what you will but may he RIP. No I will not be inserting any image or gif. this time around for lul factor. I'm actually trying to be serious for once.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bastille

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
A true shame, especially after the disservice JC Staff did with adapting Zero no Tsukaima. RIP Noboru Yamaguchi, you will be missed.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
That just...wow.
After all that effort to push on, he still fell.

This years kind of been awful in that regard. I'm very sad to hear this.

RIP.
xinpig

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Anime cry7
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Rest in peace, Yamaguchi-sensei. Zero no Tsukaima was a series that brought me into anime, and I'm devastated at your passing.

I always felt that Zero no Tsukaima F was done so that the series would have it's planned conclusion in the event that his health did not recover. I'm deeply saddened that became the case. Words just cannot describe it... Only 41...
Splitter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
My goodness... I'm not a fan of ZnT, but it's always tragic when someone is taken so early in life. It's amazing he was able to accomplish what he was, and that he kept at it even as his health was declining. My sincere condolences to the family, friends, and ZnT fans for their loss.
psyfaqs111

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
...... I remember Zero no Tsukaima to be one of my favorite series when I first started anime, and still stands near the top.

Deeply saddening that someone so young has been taken away by cancer, even after trying his best to live.......

May Yamaguchi-sensei rest in peace now and let ZnT live in the hearts of it's fans....
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
What a shame... Really hoped he'd be able to pull through. Sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, this is definitely a sad day Sad

I used to watch this series when I began watching anime and wow, sad day Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
My heart literally jumped when I saw the news title. It wasn't a while ago that there was a news of him becoming sick from cancer, but I didn't think that he was actually not going to make it. Well, that sure was a shock, but at least he finished the last volume before passing away, he can now rest in peace.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
Rest in peace, Yamaguchi-sensei. Zero no Tsukaima was a series that brought me into anime, and I'm devastated at your passing.

I always felt that Zero no Tsukaima F was done so that the series would have it's planned conclusion in the event that his health did not recover. I'm deeply saddened that became the case. Words just cannot describe it... Only 41...

Its completely different from the LNs, whole character critical to the story are cut out. About the only thing that it could share in common with the LN ending would be Louise and Saito marrying, but the only series that came close to the LNs was the first.

This is sad to hear. Its kind of a triviality that fans will be left hanging in the long run. But 41, that's young. Creator of D also passed this year in his early 40s.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
RIP. This made me tear up a little.

ZnT was one of my first and I really enjoyed it.

Actually, this hurts a lot.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:49 pm Reply with quote
I'm no fan of ZnT but I can say he was a fighter. Sad he didn't win but he fought nonetheless.
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Really sad to hear about this, I knew he was fighting it and he did his best. May he rest in peace.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6