• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio SHAFT Streams Prism Nana Anime's Last Pilot Promo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:23 am Reply with quote
What happens after this "last pilot promo"? And... When?! I'm very excited for this project and what scope it is aiming for.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:27 am Reply with quote
7th grader? 8th grader?
Now if I haven't read it, never would have guessed.
Anyone seen the beach PV and their F cup tits?

Also, it's not Prism Nana anime at all. Just animated PVs for the game.
Stop confusing people.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
7th grader? 8th grader?

Stop confusing people.

I've heard kids are hitting puberty younger and younger these days; I wouldn't find a somewhat larger chest size that unbelievable. Exclamation
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:53 am Reply with quote
So, this looks like an odd magical girl title. Whether it's any good as a story remains to be seen, but I'd watch it if only because I'm optimistic for the genre after the dry spell the 00's brought us.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:20 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
So, this looks like an odd magical girl title. Whether it's any good as a story remains to be seen, but I'd watch it if only because I'm optimistic for the genre after the dry spell the 00's brought us.

You mean aside from Pretty Cure, Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu, Nanoha, Uta~Kata, Nanatsuiro Drops, Shugo Chara, Jewelpet, Petite Princess Yucie, Kamichama Karin, arguably Witchblade, and several tons of others? I wouldn't dare call 2000-2010 a dry spell, unless your definition is so narrow it only means Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura somehow count. And even then, the tail end of Sakura and the final movie were in 2000.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:

Guys. GUYS.
WAKE UP. There won't be any anime. It's a pachinko game, nothing less, nothing more.
Nobody said there's going to be an anime. In fact, they said there WON'T be.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

You mean aside from Pretty Cure, Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu, Nanoha, Uta~Kata, Nanatsuiro Drops, Shugo Chara, Jewelpet, Petite Princess Yucie, Kamichama Karin, arguably Witchblade, and several tons of others? I wouldn't dare call 2000-2010 a dry spell, unless your definition is so narrow it only means Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura somehow count. And even then, the tail end of Sakura and the final movie were in 2000.

Princess Tutu was a masterpiece. I'm speaking qualitatively, not quantitatively. After Tutu, most successive series were (at best) of a So-So quality. Though to be fair, I haven't seen Uta~Kata. Why so defensive?
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

Guys. GUYS.
WAKE UP. There won't be any anime. It's a pachinko game, nothing less, nothing more.
Nobody said there's going to be an anime. In fact, they said there WON'T be.

Where did they say this? If it were just a pachinko game, why would there be mention of a 'story'?
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote
They didn't just say this, but outright always marketed it as such.
There was NEVER a mention of this being an anime project, and it won't change until further notice, which isn't exactly probable.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:37 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Princess Tutu was a masterpiece. I'm speaking qualitatively, not quantitatively. After Tutu, most successive series were (at best) of a So-So quality. Though to be fair, I haven't seen Uta~Kata. Why so defensive?

So what made the 00s dry and other decades not? Just because you didn't like the series airing? So not every show was a masterpiece in the 00s, neither were the mahou shoujo series from the 80s and 90s.
Trustilotous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:05 am Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
There was NEVER a mention of this being an anime project.

Except where they said that this was an anime project.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:

So what made the 00s dry and other decades not? Just because you didn't like the series airing? So not every show was a masterpiece in the 00s, neither were the mahou shoujo series from the 80s and 90s.

Dude. If you liked the majority of series from the 00's, that's fine. In my opinion, the genre got a bit more homogeneous after Tutu. That's not to say that there weren't praise-worthy elements to certain series; the dyad dynamic of Pretty Cure, and the excellent fight choreography of Nanoha, for example. But nothing that really scraped the majesty or character of what came before.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Trustilotous wrote:

They said? Who? ANN? Because as for the Nana Project staff, they NEVER ONCE MENTIONED ANYTHING about it being an anime project.
The fault is on ANN, and they should get it right. See, people like you who can't read what they say WILL get the wrong idea.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Heinzendegger wrote:
Trustilotous wrote:

They said? Who? ANN? Because as for the Nana Project staff, they NEVER ONCE MENTIONED ANYTHING about it being an anime project.
The fault is on ANN, and they should get it right. See, people like you who can't read what they say WILL get the wrong idea.

ANN said it was an anime project. They never said it was a television anime project. Anime is just a Japanese animated project, including ONA, animated advertisements, OVA, and television anime. It's an art form. So even though ANN reported it as an "anime project", they are absolutely correct.

However, it doesn't look like it's going to be a "TV anime" project. Just pachinko. But, depending on its popularity, it probably will become one. Other pachinko-slot adaptations have included Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel, Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman, and many others.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:06 am Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Heinzendegger wrote:
7th grader? 8th grader?

Stop confusing people.

I've heard kids are hitting puberty younger and younger these days; I wouldn't find a somewhat larger chest size that unbelievable. Exclamation

We like our 7th and 8th graders with big boobiez. Why do ya think we went to school day after day! Wink

Incidentally, here's a weird story:

• Actually, ya guys wanna hear a funny real-life story? This was some years ago. We saw a guy struggling looking for something on a low shelf near the ground, with his little girl just standing next to him, but it was taking him quite awhile, so we came over to ask him if he may need some help. With his head still buried looking on the shelf, the little girl started talking for him.

Now this little petite girl couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old, about 3-1/2 ft tall, and once she started talking ya could clearly see she still has her crooked tiny baby teeth on. But then, since she's wearing a thin sleeveless camisole-like T-shirt, ya also could clearly discern, especially from our high angle, that she already has noticeable breasts (and I mean real noticeable) protruding up the shirt. T'was quite awkward because we kept looking at the dad to continue the conversation, but he kept letting his daughter talk for him instead; yet neither of us wanted to stare at her. Guess some girls are just blessed? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2