• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Suggestion for a new feature.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
First of all, let me say that I like reading. One of the appeals of this site that I found is very well-written reviews (usually at least), which I enjoy reading a lot. As I read a lot of reviews, it's only natural that some reviewers become my favorites, which I enjoy reading more than the others.

Now, here's a problem: How do you find all the reviews done by the same person? Well, apparently you can't. The only way (and trust me, it's a really hard way) is to go through all of the reviews on this site to find out whether or not a certain review was written by that one reviewer that you like.

Could it be possible to create a certain section where all reviewers would be listed, so that after clicking on one of them you could bring up a page that contains a list of all the reviews that they've written?

If you like reading reviews on this site and also have your favorite reviewers, support this idea by posting in this thread! Smile

Last edited by Ignatz on Fri May 31, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:23 pm Reply with quote
There is one workaround, e.g. to find all reviews by Theron you could enter the following into google:
Code:
site:animenewsnetwork.com/review "by Theron Martin"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! Thanks. It seems I'm not really familiar with all the tricks that Google has.

Now make it so that all those reviews would be on one page & lined up in alphabetical order and it's perfect. Neutral
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

Did you read my post above? The trick you have posted is almost the same as the Google one - results are not in alphabetical order and across many pages, which makes it look really chaotic.

Last edited by Ignatz on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 am; edited 2 times in total
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
^
Yeah, but I posted that back in 2009. Plus it has more info than just the basic code Shiroi Hane gave you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1