• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] A Piece of Phantasmagoria

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote
A Piece of Phantasmagoria was just added to the encyclopedia as a movie, but most of the sources I'm seeing indicate it is an OAV with 15 episodes. If I'm understanding the Japanese Wikipedia page right using Google Translate, it says it was first released as a "digital picture book" or CD-ROM in 1995, and doesn't mention a theatrical release ( http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/ファンタスマゴリア_%28たむらしげる%29 . . . for some reason this didn't link right in URL tags). Allcinima also lists it as an OAV from 1995, as do other sites like myanimelist.net and anidb.net (though probably those are getting their information from one of the other sites). So I think it should be an OAV, not a movie.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:06 am Reply with quote
You're right. While the DVD @ Amazon.jp has "gekijoban" on it, there's no evidence that it had been screened theatrically. Additional sources indicate it a compilation of 15 short episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for changing that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1