• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Evangelion Movies

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RezSav

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't their a rumour out there that a new animated EVA movie was in the works?

Last edited by RezSav on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
redline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
The October issue of Newtype goes on sale September 9th.
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
RezSav wrote:
Wow.... I'm not sure what to say. On one hand, I'm glad more EVA is on the way, but really, is their any more to say after the End of Eva?

Yes, like, "wait, what the hell was that all about?!"

Seriously, I know it's "draw your own conclusions", but good god if that wasn't an esoteric nightmare. Sorry, it was too too too vague for me to even grasp at a suitable conclusion out of the ether for it, (and I consider myself a reasonably intelligent fellow to pick up on subtlety and symbolism) but if it's going to shine a little light on it, I'm all for it.

Last edited by Nabeshin on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
matrixdude124

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
*shrugs*
This is a pretty bizarre coincidence when considering that there are live-action Evangelion movies in the works right now...
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Anno is almost as greedy as Lucas.
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
As long as it's something new, but doesn't this sound like they are turning the whole series in to 4 hour and half movies? A prequel would be nice since alot has happen the day of and years after Second Impact, and a sequel would help to see what spoiler[Shinji and Asuka did after they became the new Adam and Eve... Hmmmm..... that would be a nice Hentai movie. Razz]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
RyoShin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Oh my, what's that? It appears to be a dead horse!

Might anyone have a gavel? Or perhaps some other bludgeoning instrument? I do believe we should beat it mercilessly.

Eh, I'll probably still see them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Someone_II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Nabeshin wrote:
Yes, like, "wait, what the hell was that all about?!"

Seriously, I know it's "draw your own conclusions", but good god if that wasn't an esoteric nightmare. Sorry, it was too too too vague for me to even grasp at a suitable conclusion out of the ether for it, (and I consider myself a reasonably intelligent fellow to pick up on subtlety and symbolism) but if it's going to shine a little light on it, I'm all for it.

I thought the series ending was fairly vauge, but I didn't mind as my conclusion made sense pretaining to the story. The movie was clearer (the story wasn't as deep IMHO) though it left a lot of people on the edge.

If neither the series nor the movie (EoE) told you the end then, maybe you overrate yourself. I mean, I understood the entire plot and the film as a conclusion when I was 13 and picked up on the conclusion to the series when last time I saw it (5 months ago, age 14.).
kushiel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:19 pm Reply with quote
matrixdude124 wrote:
*shrugs*
This is a pretty bizarre coincidence when considering that there are live-action Evangelion movies in the works right now...

Oh gods, thank you for posting that - I got confused and thought the four new movies were the live-action stuff, and I wondering what the hell budget they had!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mini_Alquemist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Great news for Evangelion fans I guess, Thanks for the info
BrianRuh

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I should probably be more cynical than this, but I'm thoroughly excited. I'm very pleased to see that Tsurumaki is directing, too.
dahpaper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:44 pm Reply with quote
4 new movies? a prequel, mid, sequal and "final" movie? a prequel, okay sure, probably having not much to do with the main eva characters. a mid? maybe dealing with events only referenced in the main narrative? "The Myster of Eva 4"? sounds like a spin off, but let's hope its a frasier and not a joey. and a sequal? And how can you contemplate a sequal. the abstract nature of EoE's ending made it great! i can't begin to imagine a "final" eva movie. But as someone who condemned gainax's attempt to sequal, what i thought, was the unsequalable Gunbuster and has been blissfully proven wrong, i have hope that gianax can do something great and new with an existing expectation without trampling on precedents.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
As long as it's something new, but doesn't this sound like they are turning the whole series in to 4 hour and half movies? A prequel would be nice since alot has happen the day of and years after Second Impact, and a sequel would help to see what spoiler[Shinji and Asuka did after they became the new Adam and Eve... Hmmmm..... that would be a nice Hentai movie. Razz]

Or...
spoiler[Shinji ditched her for Kaworu and they paddled off into the sunset leaving Asuka happy to be alone with no one to love. Wink ]

I hope the new stuff better than the orignal.

Last edited by hikaru004 on Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
The next question is who will license it for the US? ADV, Manga, FUNimation or Geneon? Then where will it air: Toonami, Adult Swim or another network?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:47 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Wow, Anno is almost as greedy as Lucas.

I guess they figure there is more milk.

Edit: my comment was not supposed to incite a whole bunch of moo cowing.

---------------------------

And I think there is actually, but I am unsure of where this will lead. Sure I want to see modern NGE, but do I really? But I would also hate to see it trashed at the same time.

But don't get me wrong it is exciting. It does make me think where the story goes from here. I hope they put their top guns at this.

Last edited by Dargonxtc on Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6