• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BlazBlue Alter Memory Anime's Promo Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, I am looking forward to this. I haven't played the games yet though so going into this series fresh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm so ready for this. Smile
Gal3riel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
nice Laughing
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 pm Reply with quote
This PV is actually pretty misleading. All of the animation from the beginning of the video is from the video games themselves. Only the stuff after 0:48 is new.

And to be honest.... it really doesn't look all that impressive. And considering I'm a big BlazBlue fan, I'm a little disappointed.

Though again, this is only a few seconds of video. I'll be able to judge better when a true, proper trailer is released.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
fjblkehkxnrbcxkeh;wjyjwjchhlkdhkd

Sorry, just wiping off my keyboard.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote
do we have any info on how long is it gonna be, I was assuming one quarter, but they even show stuff form the latest game so it's quite a bit of stuff to adapt for just one coeur.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
The new animation really didn't look very good. Seems pretty budget. :/ Well hopefully they will be able to make sense of the story. In the games it was all over the place.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:45 am Reply with quote
I've been rooting for the BlazBlue franchise to make the transition to an anime since Mori & Ishiwatari were kind enough to sketch for me at Fanime 2010. Although I'm still a bit bummed that Mori is not the character designer for the series, I'm happy that he is overseeing it and perhaps doing some artwork that will be used in the final product.

Animation-wise, I thought it looked no different than most of the CG anime I see nowadays. Perhaps if it sells well, they'll receive an increased budget for season 2, and perhaps can make it a bit more polished then.
ishmael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Great news! This has got to be one of my favorite games from this generation. When it came out, I was hoping Guilty Gear would get the same treatment. Now that a new GG has been announced, I'm kinda bummed coz I want a new BlazBlue now! Very Happy
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Excellent, I am looking forward to this. I haven't played the games yet though so going into this series fresh.

Same here, though the first half of that preview felt like they were going for the strobe light effect lol.

Sounds intriguing, and I've long since fallen for the character designs, so with this promising staff behind it I say BRING IT ON~!
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
Haven't we learned that you don't adapt fighting games? Game genres in general have crappy stories, since they weren't made to accommodate stories. Cue Rahxephon or some other noob gamer calling me and idiot and saying that my views on games are outdated, yada, yada, yada, however this is a fighting game. Key word. Fighting. Fighting games are about the first 5 letters in fighting. Fight. These games have no plot and is all about controls, combos, ease of access and beating the living shit out of your opponent. How can you make a story out of that?

Last edited by YamadaKun on Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kiniest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Haven't we learned that you don't adapt fighting games? Game genres in general have crappy stories, since they weren't made to accommodate stories. Que Rahxephon or some other noob gamer calling me and idiot and saying that my views on games are outdated, yada, yada, yada, however this is a fighting game. Key word. Fighting. Fighting games are about the first 5 letters in fighting. Fight. These games have no plot and is all about controls, combos, ease of access and beating the living shit out of your opponent. How can you make a story out of that?

Well, this one has a Visual Novel like aspect to its story, and has a lot of particular focus to it. However, this particular game would be very hard to adapt because of a parallel worlds like story. And in 12 episodes, it would be impossible to put everything in.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
These games have no plot and is all about controls, combos, ease of access and beating the living shit out of your opponent. How can you make a story out of that?

And that automatically makes your opinion null because clearly you're not familiar with Blazblue.

You realize there's a story, right? Rolling Eyes
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:46 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Haven't we learned that you don't adapt fighting games? Game genres in general have crappy stories, since they weren't made to accommodate stories. Que Rahxephon or some other noob gamer calling me and idiot and saying that my views on games are outdated, yada, yada, yada, however this is a fighting game. Key word. Fighting. Fighting games are about the first 5 letters in fighting. Fight. These games have no plot and is all about controls, combos, ease of access and beating the living shit out of your opponent. How can you make a story out of that?

Are you kidding?

BB has a ridiculously convoluted and big plot, the game has an entire VN story mode, two spin-off manga and one spin-off Light Novel explaining the events before the games take place.

I advise you look this series up--the plotting is a little messy but one of BB's main selling points is the storyline.
Etrien

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Fighting games are about the first 5 letters in fighting. Fight. These games have no plot and is all about controls, combos, ease of access and beating the living shit out of your opponent. How can you make a story out of that?

While I haven't played BlazBlue, the Persona 4 fighting game was co-developed by the same staff, and its storyline mode is pretty much a literal visual novel with fights mixed into the story every now and then. Most characters' story modes have a good 20+ minutes of text and dialog before even reaching their first fight.

Heck, one particular character's story mode consisted of 3~4 hours of reading, and a single fight at the end.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2