• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Little Busters! Refrain Sequel Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 pm Reply with quote
That's 9 out of the 10 new announcements that Sentai talked about on their Twitter. Now all that's left is the last Fall show they picked up plus the bonus announcement (Time Bokan doesn't count).

Calling it now: Last show is Log Horizon.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
That's 9 out of the 10 new announcements that Sentai talked about on their Twitter. Now all that's left is the last Fall show they picked up plus the bonus announcement (Time Bokan doesn't count).

It's probably going to be something from the same publisher as Little Busters, either Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Nagi no Asukara, or Strike the Blood. I wouldn't be surprised if they had them all and so have more than the 10 they originally claimed to have (otherwise it would be breaking a pattern from previous seasons).
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
would be amusing if they got Wanna be the Strongest
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I would actually be really surprised if they didn't announce Log Horizon.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

It's probably going to be something from the same publisher as Little Busters, either Arpeggio of Blue Steel, Nagi no Asukara, or Strike the Blood. I wouldn't be surprised if they had them all and so have more than the 10 they originally claimed to have (otherwise it would be breaking a pattern from previous seasons).

They recently said on their Facebook page that they just had new licenses arrive on their desk, so it's a good possibility.
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:33 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

I swear to God, nobody better touch that pile of dick. America hated Master of Martial Hearts, so something as long and unpleasant as that would bomb harder than Ishtar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
getchman wrote:

I swear to God, nobody better touch that pile of dick. America hated Master of Martial Hearts, so something as long and unpleasant as that would bomb harder than Ishtar.

I hope someone picks it up, been a great so far. Unfair to compare it to MoMH though. I've seen that and it was bad, Wanna Be The Strongest has yet to finish so save your judgement until it has okay? Considering your tone you aren't going to finish it anyway.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:

I hope someone picks it up, been a great so far. Unfair to compare it to MoMH though. I've seen that and it was bad, Wanna Be The Strongest has yet to finish so save your judgement until it has okay? Considering your tone you aren't going to finish it anyway.

I'm willing to bet Ayana Taketatsu wailing in agonizing, slightly erotic pain turns you on, and you are loving the random crotch shots and endless Boston crabs. Basically you are the exactly who ARMS is pandering to and MadMan isn't.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'm willing to bet Ayana Taketatsu wailing in agonizing, slightly erotic pain turns you on, and you are loving the random crotch shots and endless Boston crabs. Basically you are the exactly who ARMS is pandering to and MadMan isn't.

Wrong on all accounts I'm afraid. I like the interesting plot, I used to like wrestling and it's a fairly realistic representation of female wrestling in my view. I like fan service so that element works for me as well.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
getchman wrote:

Wrong on all accounts I'm afraid. I like the interesting plot, I used to like wrestling and it's a fairly realistic representation of female wrestling in my view. I like fan service so that element works for me as well.

good thing I'm not a betting man
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:39 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:

If by "interesting plot and realistic female wrestling" you mean spamming a move, a general lack of animation, pointless crotch and boob shots, and an insultingly handled attempt at a moral (a.k.a. showcasing forcing someone to do something she knows she can't do and passing it off as "never give up", despite the plot quite obviously forcing it upon her and portraying her as "weak" for her justified thoughts), than our opinions match up perfectly.

Mostly though, I'm surprised someone actually likes this shitfest. And before you bitch at me, I'm not gonna insult you for liking a show I want erased from existence. It's like Doug Walker said: just because you like something terrible doesn't mean you're terrible. And I agree with him. I was just making my point and explaining why this torturous BS pisses me off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:

America hated Master of Martial Hearts,

I'm pretty sure this sold really well for funimation
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Still no Familiar of Zero Season 1, 2, and 3? What about Nanoha series? Manabi Straight?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
MadMan400096 wrote:

America hated Master of Martial Hearts,

I'm pretty sure this sold really well for funimation

Probably, and JesuOtaku's opinion doesn't drive or halt sales.
HikariProject

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I hope Noucome gets picked up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2