• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Unveils Robotics;Notes' English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
Steins;Gate is still the superior of the ; series
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
Kai has got to be the easiest role ever. Just sound bored and snarky
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:09 am Reply with quote
I don't know if I like Monica Rial as Junna... She does well with adult roles, and children roles, but many of her teenaged roles sound forced. I'm still going to give it a shot, I really enjoyed this series!
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:37 am Reply with quote
As overused as she is, more Monica Rial is always welcome.

Little_Hawk wrote:

Though to be fair the other two series aren't much competition.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:47 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
As overused as she is, more Monica Rial is always welcome.

Little_Hawk wrote:

Though to be fair the other two series aren't much competition.
Monica Rial is awesome. The last major role I heard her in was in Cat Planet Cuties (recently watched it) and I thought that she did well as a teenager in that, FWIW.

If only she'd been in Haganai...

Steins;Gate might be the superior "semicolon show" when it comes to plot (since c;h shot itself in the foot) but I believe that Chaos;head had the superior dub (Great Vic role, Clink against typecast and Carrie Savage), and this dub trailer isn't making me reevaluate that opinion lol.
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:58 am Reply with quote
well give cast list they got notice this is chapin's 2nd role with one of mains on it give other is good luck girl as keita?

wonder that chapin could be upcoming name to watch out in next sets of funi dubs in 2014?

also seidel, clark, rial, & more upcoming names like yu & greene.

wait & hear on it 2014 to watch dub version.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
As long a Frau Ko is portrayed correctly, I'll be happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
I haven't heard much about this series... how is it? I'm still getting Robotics;Notes' regardless of how it is.. can't be as average as Chaos;Head
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
I've not seen all of Chaos;Head, but what I did see of it did not compel me to finish it any time soon. I did watch the others, so here's my ranking.

3. Chaos;Head
2. Robotics;Notes
3. Steins;Gate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ChibiBritt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
well give cast list they got notice this is chapin's 2nd role with one of mains on it give other is good luck girl as keita?

wonder that chapin could be upcoming name to watch out in next sets of funi dubs in 2014?

also seidel, clark, rial, & more upcoming names like yu & greene.

wait & hear on it 2014 to watch dub version.

I have worked with and directed him for a project. He's very good and has an awesome natural talent. Plays teenage boys quite well. Could make ladies swoon depending on the role.

I don't know how this role will turn out for him as it's under a different director, but if it's like everything else he's done...he will be just fine Smile
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
The trailer and some of the names in the cast give me hope that this can be a good dub that I can enjoy when I rewatch Robotics;Notes.

I have seen the three semicolon shows, and I agree that Steins;Gate if by far the best of the three. Robotics;Notes was good and enjoyable, but there is nothing remarkable about it. ChäoS;HEAd had a strong start, but its second half was a mess.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Linsday as Akiho soounds like the best in the show according to the trailer, everyone else including the main protaganist sounds dull, B's, or way too deep.

Getchman wrote:

The easiest role can be the easiest to flop (ex: hilary hagg in Medaka Box). I believe that dull/bored yet not deep sounding actors like Clint Bickham, Black Shepard, Joel Mcdonald or David Matranga could have served more justice for his character even though 2 of the actors I stated to work wonders are out of the question due to company circumstances.

Overal, I respect everyones opinion unless I state mine or someone insults mine Smile
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:

Getchman wrote:

The easiest role can be the easiest to flop (ex: hilary hagg in Medaka Box). I believe that dull/bored yet not deep sounding actors like Clint Bickham, Black Shepard, Joel Mcdonald or David Matranga could have served more justice for his character even though 2 of the actors I stated to work wonders are out of the question due to company circumstances.

Overal, I respect everyones opinion unless I state mine or someone insults mine Smile

yeah, you're right, but Kai is similar to Tsuwabuki from Binbougami-ga, and Clifford was really good in that role, so I believe he'll do well in this role as well
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Robotics;Notes got a dub?! I didn't even know this was licensed outside of streaming. I swear I recently checked it's encyclopedia entry last month after watching the first few episodes to see if it was licensed for home release but it wasn't. I'm glad that it is though because so far I've enjoyed what I've seen of it.

Also allow me a girlish giggle: Jarrod Greene. He has such a pretty princely voice. I just really enjoy listening to it so having him in more dubs is a very good thing.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
yeah, you're right, but Kai is similar to Tsuwabuki from Binbougami-ga, and Clifford was really good in that role, so I believe he'll do well in this role as well

Now I might have to check that out. I droped watching it english dubbed due to my annoying mental bias of Brina Palencia which is hard to erase.

You don't have to agree with me. Besides, the guy in this dub at least changed his bored tone to a "looking up too" one when talking about Akiho so its in the positive direction. So on scale 3-1. Akiho=Linsday gets #1. Kai VA gets #2-#3, mostly 2. lady at shop gets nothin. And as ya said before, its just a trailer. But nothing like a Haganai trailer IMO Anime hyper, I kid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2