• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BONES Animates Soul Eater Not! Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:39 am Reply with quote
Reasonably hyped, and need to catch up with Not!.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 am Reply with quote
I've not read much of NOT, i did plan on reading it as i bought it but I've also resolved not to start any new mangas until i get a few more ongoing series capped off
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:52 am Reply with quote
Now in an ideal world, Soul Eater: Best Collection would suddenly branch off into part of the manga story that wasn't animated, sorta like Haruhi Season 2...

I wasn't too into Not, but Ill give the anime a try for sure.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:57 am Reply with quote
Bones huh? Now I'm interested! Can't wait to see a preview soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:20 am Reply with quote
What I want to know is if Yen Press is ever going to release more volumes of the Not! manga. Did they drop it due to low sales or is it on hiatus in Japan?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:35 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
What I want to know is if Yen Press is ever going to release more volumes of the Not! manga. Did they drop it due to low sales or is it on hiatus in Japan?

The series was on hiatus. Yen Press has released every volume that was released in Japan. Japan gets volume 3 later this month.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
shamisen the great wrote:

The series was on hiatus. Yen Press has released every volume that was released in Japan. Japan gets volume 3 later this month.
Good to know. Thank you.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed NOT! more than the core Soul Eater manga at times, but I'm still hoping that a remake of the proper series (separate or combined with this) is in the pipeline.

Ouran High School Host Club needs a "Brotherhood" as well from Bones, but I suppose I should be happy with the adaptation I got and buy the manga sometime.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
I've not read much of NOT, i did plan on reading it as i bought it but I've also resolved not to start any new mangas until i get a few more ongoing series capped off

I'm in the same boat, it is on my list of series to grab.

I take it this will be a 12 episode series due to its source material being so limited.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:58 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Bones huh? Now I'm interested! Can't wait to see a preview soon.

That was my same though. I haven't read any of this, but if Bones is involved in the anime adaptation, its going to look beautiful at the very least, so its definitely something to keep an eye on.
I'm also a big fan of the original Soul Eater anime as well, so this should be fun. Very Happy
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Wondering how there going to do this with only 2 or 3 volumes out
goxo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:35 pm Reply with quote
It'll be easy to come up with anime-only "filler" episodes in this series since it's a slice-of-life series. Bones can just ask Ohkubo for an idea, or come up with an episode idea themselves and make sure it meshes with the other materials and the world settings.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

I take it this will be a 12 episode series due to its source material being so limited.

The series wasn't finished when they did the original and it didn't stop them from dreaming up their own ending. Noticeable quality dip though has to be said.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:07 pm Reply with quote
RAmmsoldat wrote:
TsunaReborn! wrote:
RAmmsoldat wrote:

The series wasn't finished when they did the original and it didn't stop them from dreaming up their own ending. Noticeable quality dip though has to be said.

Well, they kind of had to. A weekly anime is going to catch up to a monthly manga very quickly, and it was most likely set in stone how many episodes it was going to be before going into production anyway.

I suspect it's already the same with Not!, and they've already set a cour number, and will work around that.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited! BONES has never really done a slice of life series before, so I'm interested in seeing how this one will turn out. I've read the manga, all the chapters released in English anyway, and I find it an enjoyable series. It lets readers see a different side of the Soul Eater universe, and a different side to many beloved characters! Though it certainly still has a hint of darkness, at least in the last chapter I read...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2