• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Eat-Man Manga to Start in Monthly Shōnen Sirius

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this means Kodansha USA will rescue it here?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
So he won't be doing a Sisterism sequel? What a shame.

Oh well, that won't stop be from reading this(if it gets scanlated).
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:12 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I wonder if this means Kodansha USA will rescue it
here?

Knock on wood, dude. Knock on every wooden thing in your house, light two candles for every last saint, and pray like a Buddhist monk in a flood.

I want this so bad...
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
here?

Knock on wood, dude. Knock on every wooden thing in your house, light two candles for every last saint, and pray like a Buddhist monk in a flood.

I want this so bad...

Amen to that, brother!

Seriously, Eat-Man is one of my favorite manga of all time, so to see Yoshitomi come back to it sheer bliss. Ve read some of his yuri work, but nothing tops the adventures of Bolt Crank. I do wonder if this will be simply more adventures or if it's an actual sequel, though.

And while Kodansha USA would be cool, I'd rather see Vertical pick up the re-print of the original. When Ed first joined Vertical I e-mailed him and asked about Eat-Man. Ed replied by saying that it's one his absolute favorite manga ever and would love to do it, but the length (19 volumes) was a problem. Here's hoping a 10 volume re-release can change his mind, because I know Ed has wanted to do a Yoshitomi manga for a long time.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:54 am Reply with quote
Lord Geo wrote:
Levitz9 wrote:
GATSU wrote:
here?

I want this so bad...

Amen to that, brother!

Seriously, Eat-Man is one of my favorite manga of all time, so to see Yoshitomi come back to it sheer bliss. Ve read some of his yuri work, but nothing tops the adventures of Bolt Crank. I do wonder if this will be simply more adventures or if it's an actual sequel, though.

And while Kodansha USA would be cool, I'd rather see Vertical pick up the re-print of the original. When Ed first joined Vertical I e-mailed him and asked about Eat-Man. Ed replied by saying that it's one his absolute favorite manga ever and would love to do it, but the length (19 volumes) was a problem. Here's hoping a 10 volume re-release can change his mind, because I know Ed has wanted to do a Yoshitomi manga for a long time.

I want Eat-Man so bad. It pained my heart to see that Viz only released 2 volumes of this manga. Since Kodansha is re-publishing the series, maybe Crunchyroll will release a digital version of it. If it gets enough readership, Kodansha USA might see that it's worth licensing in the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1