• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Live-Action S.D.B. Police Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
not sure why CR keep stream all those low profile/no one watch jdrama and they was never get any popular jdrama unlike anime and kdrama.
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Most popular shows have somebody from Johnny's acting in them. If Johnny's is involved in any way, shape or form, the show's pretty much dead in the water for international licensing.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Polycell is correct, but it's not only Johnny's. A lot of J-dramas that doesn't have Johnny in them aren't even picked up, Answerman explained why. The J-drama Ama-Chan is not even pick up by Dramafever or Crunchyroll and that drama doesn't have any Johnny's idols in there. That's why I see more K-dramas and Taiwanese dramas on streaming sites.

But on topic, it's good to see CR has picked up this drama, will add this to my queue. Also Dramafever has picked up another J-drama for you drama fans, Partners by blood.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I hate bad live action rip-offs of popular anime series

but this actually interests me and so does Pat labor
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
This is adapting a manga that not only is not currently being published, but it wrapped up four years ago? Isn't that unusual? Reminds me of Parasyte's situation.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:00 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

This is adapting a manga that not only is not currently being published, but it wrapped up four years ago? Isn't that unusual? Reminds me of Parasyte's situation.

Nah, not if they're earning their money from TV ratings and not doing the series just to promote something else.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
A bit off topic, but for some of you that live in California particularly LA, 2 J-dramas will be broadcasted on a Japanese-American station. I find it odd that these 2 J-dramas are not even given rights to be stream on Dramafever, Crunchyroll, nor Viki. It would reach to a wider audiences in the US beyond Southern California (same for Latin America and Europe) if they put it on streaming websites. So something tell me that Japanese companies don't seem to embrace legal streaming the same way other Asian countries are doing for their dramas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Also Dramafever has picked up another J-drama for you drama fans, Partners by blood.
Huh, DF actually got the new Takeru Sato drama (he's perhaps best known in these parts for playing Kenshin in the live action Rurouni Kenshin films). I'm not sure why they didn't stick with the original title Bitter Blood, though. Anyway, this is on my To Watch list this spring, even though I kinda wish Japan would cool it a little with all the cop/detective dramas every season.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Also Dramafever has picked up another J-drama for you drama fans, Partners by blood.
Huh, DF actually got the new Takeru Sato drama (he's perhaps best known in these parts for playing Kenshin in the live action Rurouni Kenshin films). I'm not sure why they didn't stick with the original title Bitter Blood, though. Anyway, this is on my To Watch list this spring, even though I kinda wish Japan would cool it a little with all the cop/detective dramas every season.

oh, didn't know Partners by blood had another name, thanks for telling me that. Now I wish and hope we can get more J-dramas on streaming site in the future. BTW, check your PM, Poonk.

EDIT 1: Looks like my wish has came true.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1