• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daytime Shooting Star Shojo Manga Gets Clothing Line

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone else think these look just like, well... normal clothes? Nothing about this line jumps out at me, much less says it was influenced by a manga series. Rolling Eyes
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote
I think that's the idea. I never heard of this manga series, but just by looking at the characters and how they're dress, I am assuming it's a slice of life story set in our world. Besides, who says that every manga/anime character always wear (or have to wear) bizarre, exotic, or historical clothing? Personally I like this clothing line up, but that's probably do to my clothing or fashion personality which is primarily natural/casual, with classic being secondary, and romantic being titular. Therefore preferring more down to earth, simpler clothing.

By the way, the collar of that Yellow & Mint, & Dress isn't as low as the origin in the illustration. Just wanted to point that out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Do people even wear these manga inspired clothes besides models or possibly an idol (I don't think an idol would be caught dead wearing some of this stuff either)? The accessories are completely wearable though.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
That would depend on an idol's clothing personality. As to whether people in general would wear these, I think so as they are down to earth enough and it seems that both natural and classic are the most common clothing personalities people have. The only concern would be the cost, but I get feeling that might not be a big issue over there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
Do people even wear these manga inspired clothes besides models or possibly an idol (I don't think an idol would be caught dead wearing some of this stuff either)? The accessories are completely wearable though.

Somebody is, because a lot of the stuff sold out pretty quickly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:06 am Reply with quote
I like those clothes, but I can get them cheaper elsewhere. But its still a fun thing I guess. How about an anime for the series next, Shueisha? Please?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1