• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AD] See Japan! [6.13.2014]

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:20 am Reply with quote
Nice Ad, liked the feature and all. Then I read this:

3. Customers that opt for the payment plan and stop making payments for a tour that is confirmed will not receive a refund of their deposit, even if a deposit refund is available under the general PacSet refund terms.

That's one of their terms. You pay it on monthly basis until you accumulate what is due before your trip. If you are unable to pay it, you'll lose all of what you were "saving" with them. Basically, how they're illegally stealing money rather than charging like 5% or 10% for your refund.

Never encountered a company like that.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am Reply with quote
Isn't a deposit usually different to "everything you have paid"?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Isn't a deposit usually different to "everything you have paid"?

The problem is how they've stated it. Basically, you won't get a penny back if you don't complete the transaction. The transaction is to literally - save money and let them handle the bigger issues, like flight times, tickets, whatever. They keep the money if you don't complete the transaction. Do you see the problem here?

They keep the money. That's stealing. If they would, say, charge a reasonable percentage, like 5% or 10% and refund the customer the money, then I think that's more than fair enough.
Jariten
Company Representative

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:53 am Reply with quote
acetatsujin wrote:
Nice Ad, liked the feature and all. Then I read this:

3. Customers that opt for the payment plan and stop making payments for a tour that is confirmed will not receive a refund of their deposit, even if a deposit refund is available under the general PacSet refund terms.

That's one of their terms. You pay it on monthly basis until you accumulate what is due before your trip. If you are unable to pay it, you'll lose all of what you were "saving" with them. Basically, how they're illegally stealing money rather than charging like 5% or 10% for your refund.

Never encountered a company like that.

This particular part of the policy is standard in travel; it is meant to safeguard travel providers when someone pays a deposit, doesn't send any communications to the travel provider, and then requests a refund when one isn't available. This has actually happened a few times, and there are very few businesses that will chase someone down to give them a refund if they don't formally request one. If someone actually formally requests a refund, we refund them in accordance with that policy. Smile

However, you are correct that it is a little ambiguously worded. We'll take it back to legal and fix it. Thanks for the feedback!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1