• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Brynhildr in the Darkness Gets Original Video Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:15 am Reply with quote
so instead of being released by volume it will be release in split 2 blu-ray/dvd boxes? hmm not something u see quiet often, also an OVA? sounds good Smile
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to this.
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:24 am Reply with quote
There's a little typo:
Quote:
Blu-ray/DVD Box I will include the first six television episodes, audio commentaries for three episodes (#2, #5, $6)

#6, not $6 :p

Other than that, I'm okay for more Brynhildr, I'm surprisingly enjoying it every week.
Marzan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:12 am Reply with quote
I'm assuming that the OVA does not have the extensive censoring we've so far been seeing in this series.
xfri

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Any know if this anime only have 1 season?
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote
Brynhildr is one of my favorite manga and I've been highly enjoying the anime. I'm perfectly okay with an OVA, I'm just not sure what it will be about... One episode isn't enough to cover the arcs they've skipped.

I'm definitely up for more! Also those boxsets for the Blu-Ray sound fantastic! Now if I could only figure out how they are going to wrap up the current arc in two episodes...
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:18 am Reply with quote
Marzan wrote:
I'm assuming that the OVA does not have the extensive censoring we've so far been seeing in this series.

Probably.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
so instead of being released by volume it will be release in split 2 blu-ray/dvd boxes? hmm not something u see quiet often, also an OVA? sounds good Smile

VAP did something similar with Gatchaman crowds, only they released the complete series in one single set. Maybe this is a new trend.

Anyway, this is awesome news. Brynhildr was the series I was most looking forward to this spring, and it does not disappoint. Shame its only 1 cour, there still seems to be a lot that has not been revealed in the anime.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Brynhildr is one of my favorite manga and I've been highly enjoying the anime. I'm perfectly okay with an OVA, I'm just not sure what it will be about... One episode isn't enough to cover the arcs they've skipped.

Huh, I've been hearing bad things about the Brynhildr anime, even from those that have liked Elfen Lied. I was thinking such complaints might've been because Brynhildr is apparently not a good adaptation of its source material-- which I 2ould understand, since in the end, I think I came to like the story of EL's manga more than the anime (though the latter still has it soundly beat in production values). Yet if you say what you do above, then I'm honestly a bit concerned; I'd like to check out Brynhildr in at least *some* format and derive some enjoyment. XP Even having skipped some arcs, does the anime really do the manga 'justice' after all...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ertxz18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Still waiting for someone to license it in NA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1