• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Studio AIC Involved in New Tenchi Muyo! Series

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
Shame this won't be a full TV series. Oh well, it will bring back some nostalgia.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ifrit30

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:49 am Reply with quote
Damn, at first I thought they meant they are doing another Tenchi Anime, but it's just the recently announced 5 min Series Sad
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
It's only a "series" of tourism commercials.

It's about as good as anything Kajishima can do now, anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pangea

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
Shorts, why am I not surprised..
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
It's better than nothing.

Though with it being shorts, I can't imagine we'll get any real depth or story. Probably just gonna be comedy hijinks. That's fine too I suppose.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
well this sucks. was kinda hoping it would be the sequel or prequel to war in geminar considering we dont know who was behind kenshi being sent to that world in the first place. and considering how it ended it was crying out "a sequel is coming soon."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
considering we don't know who was behind kenshi being sent to that world in the first place.

Actually, we do. It was implied in the anime and directly stated in one of Kaji's doujins.
spoiler[His mom.]
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:48 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
considering we don't know who was behind kenshi being sent to that world in the first place.

Actually, we do. It was implied in the anime and directly stated in one of Kaji's doujins.
spoiler[His mom.]

I thought it was Washu? But yea its about as explicityl stated as possible that Rhea is connected to the 3rd doll, so makes sense she would be involved. That said Geminar still has a lot of story left.

And even the OVA series has a long way to go from the end of OVA 3 to point when Tenchi's son starts dating the sister of the original Jurain Emperor.

But yea no matter how I look at it, a 5 min eps will be garbage, especially because that counts the op and ed, so really we will be lucky to get 2.5 minutes of content. Id rather get 5 50 min episodes instead.
Lann

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
soo this project will end up being the equivalent of 10 episodes worth of footage? Get in!

EDIT: forgot about taking out the openings and endings. will end up being like 5 episodes worth if that.

EDIT 2: Hang on, if it ends up being 6 episodes worth, wouldnt that be like calling this series OVA 4?
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

spoiler[His mom.]

I thought it was Washu? But yea its about as explicityl stated as possible that Rhea is connected to the 3rd doll, so makes sense she would be involved. That said Geminar still has a lot of story left.

that there is just speculation. Just because Kenshi's mom have the same name that Natsei used while working for the church doesnt necessarily mean that there is a connection with the two. also i wouldnt believe in any of those doujins either so that statement from kaji's doujins is also squashed. if it came from a light novel , manga or from one of the creators or staff then yea i would agree. but i have watched the entire series . there was no mentioned at all on how he got there.

Also FYI the only thing that involved washu was that she hypnotize him when he was a kid. could it be that she was involved? it possible considering she was a former goddess and that planet had the same crystals that created both ryo-oki and fukku, but unless something official comes around its all speculation and rumors.

However its possible that this new series might solved those questions. but yea 5 mins is way too damn short.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
Nobuyuki wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

spoiler[His mom.]

that there is just speculation. Just because Kenshi's mom have the same name that Natsei used while working for the church doesnt necessarily mean that there is a connection with the two. also i wouldnt believe in any of those doujins either so that statement from kaji's doujins is also squashed. if it came from a light novel , manga or from one of the creators or staff then yea i would agree. but i have watched the entire series . there was no mentioned at all on how he got there.

Also FYI the only thing that involved washu was that she hypnotize him when he was a kid. could it be that she was involved? it possible considering she was a former goddess and that planet had the same crystals that created both ryo-oki and fukku, but unless something official comes around its all speculation and rumors.

However its possible that this new series might solved those questions. but yea 5 mins is way too damn short.

Did you watch Geminar, I know I did, the blu ray is sitting on my shelf. Kenshi is stated 100 percent fact to be part whatever species you want to call doll. So for a fact, one of his parents has to be related to the third doll. Rhea not only has the same name, but if you watch the one scene where they show the silhouettes of all 3, one of shocking shocking looks like Rhea. So I will go out on a limb and say its through Rhea not Nobuyuki that Kenshi is connected to the 3 dolls. I never said she was the third doll, I think its more likely she is a daughter or something of the original doll, but she is connected nonetheless.

Also you must be trolling. Kajishima Masaki is the original creator of the entire franchise, Tenchi is even supposed to be an expy for himself. He created Tenchi, Washu, Ryoko, all the characters, and the story. Any work he puts out is canon, and supersedes anything else. So yes his doujins can be taken as credible fact.

Also you must be trolling again, or you really need to have everything spelled out for to the letter. Did you miss the opening of the entire series, when the two voices were talking? I sure didn't. They were talking about sending Kenshi to the world, and one of them says "washu". I am not saying she made the decision to send him, that was the other party, but she 100% was the one who actually did the physical sending.

I have seen geminar at least 13 times, and the original ova even more, don't tell me what is or isn't in it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:05 am Reply with quote
one little problem. there were no voices at all when i watch it on is funimation website & when it was up on hulu. so its either your clueless, didn't paid attention or funi pulled another fast one on their online episodes to get people to buy the dvds.

could there have different stuff on the dvd. its possible. since i never bothered getting it on dvd considering i watched all the eps online including the ryo oki ovas too and funi have a nasty habit of leaving out the good stuff for the elite subs. so i am gonna have to check that theory of yours out buy getting the dvds.

also its as i said, unless something official comes up its still speculation when it comes to kenshi's mom.

However its also as i said. you might be right about washu having something to do with it ,but as I also mentioned, there was nothing i saw on all the eps that had any clue that both were involved together or one of them did it on their own and nothing official have been made either. but lets wait until more info about this new ova comes around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1