• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax to Be Ported to PS3, PS Vita

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IanC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Hahaha, KNEW IT. Kinda surprised theres no PS4 port, but whatever. Will get it on PS3, i think.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
It needs more playable characters badly, the roster for playable is bare bones. A delay would actually be nice for once to get about 10-11 more characters in the game.
Takizawa-Shinzou

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
It needs more playable characters badly, the roster for playable is bare bones. A delay would actually be nice for once to get about 10-11 more characters in the game.
Sarcasm? Most fighting games with more than 10 characters usually just have a bunch of characters that are the same thing but with different skin

edit: wtf how did i sign onto this account
EastN3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Takizawa-Shinzou wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:
Sarcasm? Most fighting games with more than 10 characters usually just have a bunch of characters that are the same thing but with different skin

edit: wtf how did i sign onto this account

Ummm.....bad ones, maybe. Brawl had maybe 6 copycats out of almost 40, SSFIV had about the same, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 didn't, Blazblue doesn't, Virtua Fighter has very few copycats as well.

All in all, thanks for the token jaded cynic comment, but it just doesn't hold water.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. I'll import this on Playstation Vita, since I doubt we will see a western release. Anime smile

Hoppy800 wrote:

I'll easily support a delayed release if it means more characters/stages in the end. Razz

But who knows, maybe they'll give us more information as we get closer to the release (similar to J-Stars Victory Versus).
dlm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
Sweet. I'll import this on Playstation Vita, since I doubt we will see a western release. Anime smile

I'll buy a PS3 if there's a western release.
DLH112

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:08 pm Reply with quote
persona 4 arena had about the same amount of characters (and no support ones). It'd be nice to have at least a few more characters/some of the support become playable, but it's okay the way it is.
LEGOF

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
OMG IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING.
Time for me to buy a PS3...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Was only a matter of time. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the new content will be support characters made playable.
Marths

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!
I CAN NOT WAIT Anime cry
hojo 360

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ill wait for a ps4 port as i'm sure it will happ a year or so down the road with more add ons
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I like mascot- and anime-themed fighters and have Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Persona 4 Arena, and AQUAPAZZA already, so I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed for a U.S. release. At least there is only one single publisher/rights holder to contend with with titles like these, so hopefully that and the popularity here of the works that the characters hail from will compel ASCII to go ahead with it. It certainly makes for good advertisement, as ensemble projects tend to pique my interest in works that I would not have turned an eye to normally or have ever heard even of.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
tobeast777

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
U.S. Release U.S. Release U.S. Release U.S. Release....

Please Crying or Very sad
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:03 am Reply with quote
ALL the imports...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1