• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Dub Cast Revealed at Anime Expo

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Oooh. I suspected Cherami would land a part in this, since she loves action roles, so much. Cristina Vee might be my favorite casting choice, though, if only because I'm so big a Homura fan. Laughing
JaxHolmes

i am so Happy that Cristina Vee is going to be the one to voice sailor Mars, she was the one i predicted as the voice of sailor mars
FireChick
Subscriber

Yes! I knew Sheh was gonna be Usagi!

Now before you all claim "this cast is horrible!", remember this: Naoko Takeuchi herself approved of the cast, so I'm sure Viz knows what they're doing. I'm kinda sad Colleen O Shaughnessy isn't Rei, but oh well. Cristina Vee is pretty good, so I'll keep my ears open.
JaxHolmes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
i hope this gets released in the UK because i want to get the DVDs without importing them

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I like how Rukia and Ichigo's voice actors are doing Luna and Artemis Laughing

And I KNEW Cristina was going to do Rei! She'll be perfect, especially in Crystal, because of how similar Rei and Homura are. I point out Crystal because Rei has a completely different personality than she does in the original anime. In the manga, Rei had very mature and elegant personality, which Crystal is going to be going with this time. No more immature bullying Usagi and swooning over boys (which she's actually supposed to hate).

Last edited by #810558 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Shocked

Shocked

Shocked

I...I need a minute to process the perfection of this voice cast.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I laughed pretty hard. Stephanie Sheh has almost no range to speak of(or she gets typecast a lot. Or roles for women in anime just aren't all that varied. Or all three!)
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:32 pm Reply with quote
From voicing Rukia & Ichigo in one cash cow to voicing cats in another. It's not bad but I can't help but laugh at that a bit. Laughing

Called Cristina's involvement after reading in that interview that they brought in people that can sing to voice the main 5. Those Usagi/Rei episodes will be fun to (re)watch. Very Happy
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:36 pm Reply with quote
This looks like a quite good cast. I was pretty sure from the first that Stephanie Sheh would be Usagi. I imagine that she's thrilled.

Yonsa Balsa will be the voice of the big bad [Queen Beryl], Fujiko Mine is the first cat [Luna] and Vash the Stampede is the other cat [Artemis], eh? I think I like that..

I don't believe that I've heard Amanda C. Miller in anything before. Well, Makoto is bestest, so she'd better do a good job, else I'll... uh... hold my breath for a really long time.

Does anybody know who will direct this new English dub and at what studio? That could be decisive. Pardon me if this is unkind, but I hope that it's not Bang Zoom; I find that their work tends to leave something to be desired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
I laughed pretty hard. Stephanie Sheh has almost no range to speak of(or she gets typecast a lot. Or roles for women in anime just aren't all that varied. Or all three!)

>no range
>voices Akira Kogami from Lucky Star
>best performance in that dub

Do ya see the issue here?

Quote:
I don't believe that I've heard Amanda C. Miller in anything before. Well, Makoto is bestest, so she'd better do a good job, else I'll... uh... hold my breath for a really long time.

Well, the role I think of when I hear her name is Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa (the original VN) and if *that* performance is any indication, I don't think we have anything to worry about on Makoto's end.

Last edited by ThatGuyWhoLikesThings on Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
SynergyMan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:

Kjell, Tharja, Anya, Mikuru, Kakguya all sound the same? Oh, and range is secondary. Range without acting isn't really range. It's just playing at voice. Also, if somebody is good as something, they're good at something. You cannot count on 2 hands the non hot-blooded roles Nobuyuki Hiyama has. Hell, I can only think of 2.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I see no issues with the casting here, excellent choices all around. Glad to see Sheh getting the lead. She's got plenty of range but she tends to get typecast just as much if not more than Monica Rial.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
No complaints from me at this time. I'm just relieved Johnny Yong Bosch and Vic Mignogna aren't Tuxedo Mask like the rumors were claiming. Although, how cool would it have been if Johnny was picked to play Jadeite. Masaya Onosaka voiced Jadeite in the original and later did Vash the Stampede in Trigun, while Johnny was Vash's English voice.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Yes!!!! Cristina Vee and Stephanie Sheh are getting roles! Now I know that the new Sailor Moon dub isn't going to suck, like the old one did.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
The supporting cast is clearly better than the main cast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7