• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces Bayonetta: Bloody Fate English Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, glad to hear Bayonetta's voice actress is back.

Well done Funi. Smile
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
THEY FREAKIN' DID IT!@

AND DESILE!

Che...cast change. Muthaphukka please.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Well... I feel that since they got the real Bayonetta voice to come and do this everything else should be good for this.

I hope things go well for this. I am looking forward to purchasing this.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
wow,to hear Grey DeLisle or John Kassir in an anime dub,let alone by Funimation...
I mean,FREAKING JOHN KASSIR!!he's awesome,the Crypt Keeper and the second voice of Buster Bunny,I still can't believe they got him!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
wow,to hear Grey DeLisle or John Kassir in an anime dub,let alone by Funimation...
I mean,FREAKING JOHN KASSIR!!he's awesome,the Crypt Keeper and the second voice of Buster Bunny,I still can't believe they got him!

This too, really impressive on these.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Funny thing Hellena Taylor, Yuri Lowenthal, Grey DeLisle and John Kassir were all in Afro Samurai also done by Funimation.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:35 am Reply with quote
Grey DeLisle in an anime. Am I reading this right? Grey DeLisle is in an anime! Damn, FUNimation! You're on a roll with these cast reprisals (a change from a couple years ago). Hopefully you'll stay that way. I really hope they get the Dangenrompa cast back.
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:52 am Reply with quote
PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
Grey DeLisle in an anime. Am I reading this right? Grey DeLisle is in an anime! Damn, FUNimation! You're on a roll with these cast reprisals (a change from a couple years ago). Hopefully you'll stay that way. I really hope they get the Dangenrompa cast back.

As others mentioned she was in Afro Samurai not to mention one of the pre-Funimation Shin Chan dubs.

I'm sure they are many cartoon & video games VAs that would like to do more anime (even if it pays a lot less); they're not oblivious that anime VAs are generally more popular e.g. Crispin Freeman: "My friend is jealous because nobody cares that he does the voice of Porky Pig"

Plus there aren't a lot of conventions that invite non-anime VAs as guests unless it's superhero themed (San Diego Comic-con) or Transformers (Botcon)

And since most anime is non-union the opportunities are rarely available. Sure they are Disney dubs for Ghibli movies but TPTB end up casting A-List celebrities, so real VAs have to usually settle for bit parts in those dubs.

As for the upcoming Danganronpa anime dub, I actually didn't like the video game dub... I would rather see Funimation recast it and do it in-house
IanC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
Looking at it, there seems to be only one change of actor with the voice of Enzo. Thats... actually really surprising. Good job Funimation.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
Amazing, they got all the cast from the game to reprise their role. Amazing job Funimation!!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Amazing, they got all the cast from the game to reprise their role. Amazing job Funimation!!! Very Happy

not exactly,Enzo was voiced in the game by Chick Vennera(Ferret in Static Shock and Pesto in Animaniacs.His role in Animaniacs sounding like Joe Pesci was actually the reason that made Platinum cast him for the game.)but in the movie he's now voiced by John Kassir(gotta love his crazy laughters,the Crypt Keeper and the clown boss from Dead Rising are proof of that.)
spinja446

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Well Funimation does have a fantastic rep for tracking out the original voice actors/actresses to reprise they're roles so I'm not suprised.

Ikkitousen: Great Guardians
Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

I'm pretty sure this is why it's taking so long to get Hellsing Ultimate 9 and 10 out and released with the whole Geneon thing they had to deal with and tracking down the original voice actors to reprise their roles.

Anyways, I'm glad Hellena Taylor is returning to voice Bayonetta Very Happy
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
spinja446 wrote:
Well Funimation does have a fantastic rep for tracking out the original voice actors/actresses to reprise they're roles so I'm not suprised.

Ikkitousen: Great Guardians
Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

I'm pretty sure this is why it's taking so long to get Hellsing Ultimate 9 and 10 out and released with the whole Geneon thing they had to deal with and tracking down the original voice actors to reprise their roles.

Anyways, I'm glad Hellena Taylor is returning to voice Bayonetta Very Happy

an interesting coincidence is that Hellena Taylor voiced Zorin Blitz in her debut episode of Hellsing Ultimate,but when the rest of the series was dubbed by Funimation,they couldn't get her back for some reason and she was replaced by Rachel Robinson(she was the only recast when Funimation took over the dub,though,so it was fine)thank goodnes this time they got her back for Bayonetta.She may not be a big voice-actress name,but I like her as both Bayonetta and Yomiko Readman(even though she didn't voice her in the OVAs,where she was the real focus.)
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Well now this films a must buy Very Happy tyyyyy funi
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1