• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Protoculture addicts magazine?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robotenchi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
Protoculture addicts magazine.

What has anime news network done with it, what ever happen to the once in a while special reviews starting with #98 .

Robotenchi Confused
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Oh, that's been dead for years. Here are the reasons, but basically it has to do with physical magazines being extremely difficult to publish in today's online-focused environment. Still, the way ANN allowed P.A. to die a quiet and wretched death was a bit heartbreaking.

Most of the articles for the final issue are apparently finished, and with that in mind I would love to see ANN set up a Kickstarter project with the aim of getting that final issue published. Yes they are horribly out of date but I reckon a surprisingly large number of fans would kick in some cash just for the nostalgia factor alone.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
as dtm42 said, Protoculture Addicts died on August 2008, PA #97 was the last issue. It's already since then discontinued, so don't even bother about any new issue coming out in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Most of the articles for the final issue are apparently finished, and with that in mind I would love to see ANN set up a Kickstarter project with the aim of getting that final issue published. Yes they are horribly out of date but I reckon a surprisingly large number of fans would kick in some cash just for the nostalgia factor alone.

The original PA#98 will probably never see the light of day.

The chance of us launching a Kickstarter to put out a different PA#98 is pretty good. It's something that we've discussed, and would like to do, but there are no concrete plans right now.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
@Tempest: Well good luck trying to get a new issue of Protoculture addict out. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
robotenchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:11 am Reply with quote
I am Old anime fan and still like reading things off paper. I dont have a laptop or tablet and I won't lug my pc in a box to check online when I go out lol .
Maybe a digital subscription I can download ,would be willing to pay for that and have it printed Smile .
I still like to relax on the lounge and read at my leisure.
Yes I even buy comics and anime dvds . Just waiting for Freezing Vibrations to be available in Australia in manga and anime format .

Robotenchi
AKA: Johnny
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1