• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Uwa-Koi Romance Manga Ends in September

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Hot art, hot story. He gets it on with two girls from the start. It would be great if there's an anime adaptation, since it would be 6 volumes and they could probably cover it in 13, 14 episodes.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
It's interesting that both the MC and the main female both look like and share the names of the 2 Mirai Nikki characters.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
It's interesting that both the MC and the main female both look like and share the names of the 2 Mirai Nikki characters.

I thought that was extremely strange as well and that it was weird that no one was talking about it. I looked into it and the reason is that both the Mirai Nikki characters and these two have names based on Roman gods. The names Yuno and Yukiteru are supposed to sound like Juno and Jupiter (Yupiteru in Japanese).
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
Expect a NICE BOAT end. The MC sure deserves it the way he gets his dick out at the drop of the hat!
Kebble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Both the blend of smut and tragedy, as well as the character designs, reminded me of Aki Sora. Since I knew both Manga were done by the same artist/author, I started reading it as soon as it became available.

If Uwakoi is flawed in any way, it's that it gets side-tracked in much the same way that Aki Sora did. In 'Aki Sora', Sora (the male protagonist) loved his older sister Aki, and yet, there were many chapters where he'd sleep with other women. Uwakoi is much the same, since Yuki (the male protagonist) sleeps around too. When you drift outside of the main love-triangle, readers start to wonder if the main character's feelings are sincere. As a result, for a series like Aki Sora, I really didn't believe that in the end Sora loved his older sister Aki.

In my opinion, Uwakoi draws out its suspense too much. There's a 'School Days' type ending we're all expecting, and the readers feel like fish on a hook waiting for the events to finally unravel.
ss4chris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:29 pm Reply with quote
I wisht he chapters were translated and up to date ;(

romance manga huh.. you sure its not run here Fack here run here fack another girl?o.O
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1