• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st Attack on Titan Compilation Film's Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
Ah, some unaired scenes. Hopefully, there will be more info of the second season at the end of the film.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
I don't care if it's a recap movie, I want to see itttttttttttttttt

and that new Eren rubber strap<3333
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:37 am Reply with quote
If they manage to make 13 episodes of story somehow coherent in the run-time of a single film I will be extremely amazed. I'm not particularly excited for this just because a compilation film does absolutely nothing for me if I can't watch it without having knowledge of the series.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
hope they improve the animation the first half of the anime is pretty bad in term of animation.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
hope they improve the animation the first half of the anime is pretty bad in term of animation.

Do you watch the TV version or the BD/DVD version? There are significant improvements on home video as they were lacking man power during the broadcast. But even for the original broadcast version, most of the action sequences were still quite good, as that was where the resources went into, notwithstanding some of the stills/cutout animation.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:15 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Do you watch the TV version or the BD/DVD version? There are significant improvements on home video as they were lacking man power during the broadcast. But even for the original broadcast version, most of the action sequences were still quite good, as that was where the resources went into, notwithstanding some of the stills/cutout animation.

Ya the BD is breathtakingly beautiful fluid animation.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ah, some unaired scenes. Hopefully, there will be more info of the second season at the end of the film.

true cause the longer that there's no info about a second season, the more likely my suspicions about the series going down the same road as claymore and deadman wonderland become true.

hopefully its not the case.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
danilo07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

true cause the longer that there's no info about a second season, the more likely my suspicions about the series going down the same road as claymore and deadman wonderland become true.

hopefully its not the case.

Yeah well no-one cares Deadman Wonderland, AoT is a HUUUGE hit though. People in general like having money, so the continuation is guaranteed. Also second season is already in pre-production http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2014/08/05-1/feature-attack-on-titan-qa-panel-at-animagic-in-bonn-germany .
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
configspace wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Ya the BD is breathtakingly beautiful fluid animation.

Yeah.

And I also agree with j Talbain, a lot of the show already looked pretty great when we all saw it as it aired, aside from some known problems.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
i don't not watch the Bluray version because i don't have money to buy it. Anime is too expensive for me.

I can only based on CR's version.
Greg Aubry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:40 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
If they manage to make 13 episodes of story somehow coherent in the run-time of a single film I will be extremely amazed.

I won't be. There's a great deal of cheap melodrama filler throughout those episodes to pad them so as to end each chapter on a cliffhanger. With some capable editing, the movie could be a much better viewing experience than the show is.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
If they manage to make 13 episodes of story somehow coherent in the run-time of a single film I will be extremely amazed. I'm not particularly excited for this just because a compilation film does absolutely nothing for me if I can't watch it without having knowledge of the series.

I don't think it'll be that hard. They had to drag it out slightly anyway so as to not catch up with the comics (oops, *ahem* manga. My bad) so a shortened run time could actually be beneficial to the overall viewing experience. That's why I'm excited for it! I tend to like watching compilation films over series if given the choice because they take less time, you can just watch them in one sitting. Also they usually have better animation, sound and voice acting. Most importantly, they cut out a lot of the superfluous crap. Although sometimes they do hollow the experience.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
relyat08 wrote:

I don't think it'll be that hard. They had to drag it out slightly anyway so as to not catch up with the comics (oops, *ahem* manga. My bad) so a shortened run time could actually be beneficial to the overall viewing experience. That's why I'm excited for it! I tend to like watching compilation films over series if given the choice because they take less time, you can just watch them in one sitting. Also they usually have better animation, sound and voice acting. Most importantly, they cut out a lot of the superfluous crap. Although sometimes they do hollow the experience.

I would agree with this if I hadn't been disappointed so often by other compilation films. If you can get the story to flow without it feeling choppy and awkwardly paced you are golden, but I have only ever seen that twice. Madoka, and GiTS. And they spanned roughly the same amount of time as the series' that they were adapting. I actually tend to prefer movies for all of the reasons that you mentioned, but generally only if they are telling their own story and aren't just trying to rearrange and "re-snip" a story that was already really well done(also, I think most of the animation is going to be exactly the same. If they reanimated the whole thing, then I would absolutely be more excited for this).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1