• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey, Answerman! [2007-06-15]

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirrinus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely love the panda picture. The world needs more pandas.

Kudos to posting your picture too. For too long, I just imagined you as that guy on your banner for some reason.

And the rant really made me smile. I like it when people approach mundane topics from a satirically logical perspective.
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Haha this was the best Answerman yet, I enjoyed reading it all the way through great job this week!

I also had an image of you as Howl for some reason...
NaotoKun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I liked the flake of the week. Anime hyper
ichiro3923

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
Haha this was the best Answerman yet, I enjoyed reading it all the way through great job this week!

I also had an image of you as Howl for some reason...

I imagined him to be old witth glasses.
Since he worked for ANN for an amount of time, I thought he'd look more "experienced" (therefore old)

For the Flake:
Awesome answer; the best show is Digimon, Bitch!
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I thought Zac would be skinnier...
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Digimon Bitch is licensed yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
zac wrote:
I used that image as my forums icon for a while as well, but I don't think your forums icon is supposed to be what you look like. If that's true, then Anime on DVD's userbase is approximately 98 percent female. .

spoiler[Shh!! Don't let the peasants know! ]

We are all Hot, Yuri Mamas on AoD, oh yeah!

Despite being in a bad mood, there was only a smattering of sarcasm this week.
Eruanna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:35 pm Reply with quote
I, also, seem to have this unshakable association in my brain that tells me Answerman = Howl.
I should photoshop your picture into Howl. Anime hyper

Erm... the rant sounded really overdone and... pretentious? Yes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the flake is totaly correct. Very Happy

Last edited by Eruanna on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think you were in a bad mood at all Zac! You were (mostly) quite pleasant, actually. For you. Wink
I didn't realize I was older than you. But otherwise I imagined you to look pretty much exactly like your photo. Frighteningly enough. Very Happy

I empathize completely with the rant, and completely agree that anime fans spend WAY too much time arguing instead of enjoying the shows we profess to love. Smile

Of course, having said that, the answer to his question is simple: Evangelion vs RahXephon? Escaflowne. *smirk* ;- )
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:

I didn't realize I was older than you.

I'm 27. That photo's about a year old or so.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Neverwhere wrote:
Of course, having said that, the answer to his question is simple: Evangelion vs RahXephon? Escaflowne. *smirk* ;- )

Actually, the correct answer to that question is "Giant Robo."

I thank you for the high praise! Going squarely by the power contained within the episode's title, I would say one of the greatest episodes we've done would have to be this one. Title-wise, this masterpiece might be one of the finest Dave and Joel have crafted, though I do believe this is their personal favorite.

Really though, something tells me that if I had to choose one episode that I'd want people to actually take my advice on regarding content, it'd be Show 50. I think I'd better follow up Show 43's review of Ringing Bell with Sea Prince and the Fire Child soon, though. I've been giving assurances that one or both of those shall be the subjects of future Buried Treasure articles!

Last edited by Anime World Order on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Indeed this week's was absolutely funny. I wish to congradgulate you on a job well done for making me waste my time when I should be sleeping or studying. I really enjoyed it.

Indeed I see you as Howl and Tony K. as Cpt. Bravo for some apparently reason. I don't know why but it's probably really weird.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:48 pm Reply with quote
That's...that's not what I was expecting.
I guess I pictured you looking completly different. Lol we should all post pics of ourselves.

I love how that person says they're a fighter. They could well be but I thought: Fighter of love and justice SAILOR MOON

You got death threats about the Nympht thing? Wow, that's...scary.

Digimon bitch! He'd better e talking about the frist 2-3 seasons...up tio the Tammers. That one was lame. But then it got good again with the Digi Evolution! So...it's complicated.

The panda makes me feel cold.

And as for the rant sorry Justin but everyone has opposing viewpoints on everything. Two people can agree on something but theres always going to be someone there who doesn't even if its a question like: "Is Earth spelled with an E in the front." Most would say yes but you'll have someone who disagrees.

like a falling paperweight crushing your toe even though its no where near your foot- its just the way things go.

Last edited by britannicamoore on Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Never pictured you as Howl Rolling Eyes but I did picture you as a 40-something at least. Which speaks volumes for your maturity and knowledgeability. Smile
Neverwhere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Neverwhere wrote:

I didn't realize I was older than you.

I'm 27. That photo's about a year old or so.

I'm 29 Smile But look 17. Sigh. Mr. Green

Like everyone else, I just assumed you were much older because of your long involvement with the site and attitude in general, and I don't think that's a bad thing. I still respect you a lot, and I think it was brave of you to reveal yourself to all the 'haters' out there. If nothing else it proves your sense of humour can be extended towards yourself as well as others. *grins*

BTW is that panda from Cute Overload? I loved their panda-progression today. Smile

Edited to add:
LuckySleven wrote:

Indeed I see you as Howl and Tony K. as Cpt. Bravo for some apparently reason. I don't know why but it's probably really weird.

You're not weird at all! There's an entire forum thread dedicated to this very condition. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 27