• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Free! Eternal Summer English Dub Casts Todd Haberkorn as Haru

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddybeddybye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:42 am Reply with quote
I KNEW IT
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
I've never been interested in this show, but this dub has some of the best, if not THE best male voice actors in the business. Greg, Johnny, Todd, and J.. Michael. I heard Vic is going to be the 5th guy. Here's the image:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/9766_1509723379297345_374726521373123323_n.jpg?oh=23ecc5649f9ea8e857abcce17fcf074e&oe=54E6D795

The only guys its missing is Troy Baker and Crispin Freeman. Still though, it's an impressive cast.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
lol no one is surprised at any of FUNi's cast.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
I heard Vic is going to be the 5th guy. Here's the image:

that right there is fake. funi confirmed it on the fandom post and the folks who made it revealed themselves on funi's facebook page.
ZanraiKid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
If it's true that Rin is going to be Vic Mignogna, it means they're getting the Ouran High School Host Club back together!

If only Travis Willingham didn't leave FUNimation Sad. Perhaps Caitlin Glass could be Gō. That would just be the icing on the cake.

EDIT: Aw dang, Vic isn't Rin. That really took the wind out of the sails.

Last edited by ZanraiKid on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
I would have thought Todd would be better for Makoto if he were in it at all, but maybe I'm just biased for the 50% off voices, lol. (I actually think Makoto and Haru's VAs should've been switched, but I'll wait to hear it to make further judgment. I love them nth and am ecstatic that they are both in this).

My friend showed me that pic of Vic as Rin as well. Where did it come from?
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:
I heard Vic is going to be the 5th guy. Here's the image:

that right there is fake. funi confirmed it on the fandom post and the folks who made it revealed themselves on funi's facebook page.

My question was answered before I finished commenting, lol.
Kurama4Ever!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Todd Haberkorn as Haru? I can get behind that! His typicaly voice is a bit too puberty-teenish for this character, but he has proven in some roles that he actually has a wider range than that. Joseph Jobson in Blassreiter, for example. Todd knows what he's doing. Funi has put Haru in good hands!
FMAvatard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Certainly wasn't my first choice, but I can dig this. His quieter roles are some of my favorite (as well as the spazzy ones, but yeah).

Looking forward to this. I'm just waiting for Rin now...
InuYashaCrusade

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Sweet, a cast full of sh!t voice actors who are used in every single anime dub known to man.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
Augh! Wait a minute. Haruka is the main character so why is he the 4th person to be announced? Unless Funimation is treating Rin as the most popular character (which depends since Makoto is Japan's most popular) I don't see the point.

I have nothing against Todd Haberkorn (I like him in comedic roles like Keroro, North Italy, or Death the Kid) but he can't do stotic characters well. Around the last few episodes when spoiler[Haru becomes more angry] and, I have heard Todd do spoiler['angry'] before, it won't match up. I am really disappointed (still buying it obviously) and lord knows that can only mean who Rin's VA is. =__=
gojira89

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
And whoever wrote this article still managed to have an error in the very first sentence. They announced this today, which is a Thursday not a Tuesday.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
This is so freakin' interesting I can't stand it. What an array of voice actors whom I love! Funi's GOTTA feel something casting all these guys I'm not sure fit their characters, but I do trust in them because they produce great dubs. But Todd as Haru? The only character I've heard him play with a deeper voice than I usually hear him with is Jr. from Legend of Korra, but that's still not good enough. But Todd is a pro so I'm going to believe in him lol.
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
This is so freakin' interesting I can't stand it. What an array of voice actors whom I love! Funi's GOTTA feel something casting all these guys I'm not sure fit their characters, but I do trust in them because they produce great dubs. But Todd as Haru? The only character I've heard him play with a deeper voice than I usually hear him with is Jr. from Legend of Korra, but that's still not good enough. But Todd is a pro so I'm going to believe in him lol.

One thing I've noticed about Funi is they're not afraid to do their own thing when it comes to characters and script. There's a good chance Haru may not end up being as stoic because that's how the director sees fit (just look at what happened with Mikasa in AoT). Is that going to piss a lot of people off? Most likely, but we'll have to see.
RazzBerrieCharm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Funi had me with Johhny...I'm not so sure about Todd.

Love him but as Haru... Confused

Oh well, I'll just trust Funi and Todd and still watch it.

I BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3