• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation to Stream Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:18 pm Reply with quote
A magical boys anime for a change. I have seen the promotional art for this show on this site a few times, but didn't pay much attention to it (besides the blond boy having this cute, happy look on his face.) until I read this line:

Quote:
Original anime follows a group of magical teenage boys who save the earth with the power of love

From what that line says this is probably going to be one fun and funny series, so I'm giving it a try.

P.S Concerning this line:

Quote:
Teenage boys are notoriously lazy

What do you mean teenage boys are notoriously lazy? When I was a teenager I wasn't that lazy, and neither were the boys around me in general. Well whatever!

P.S.S I thought that wombat was koala at first until I read otherwise (that and when thinking about it koalas have bigger ears than wombats). It just has a nose like one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
Awesome. Great voice cast. This and the Bear show are my favorites so far this season. Eccentric and funny. is a good cure for the winter blues. Yay~<3
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
This is quite interesting. Although I don't like the idea of transforming magical boys, I do like how it's trying to appeal to a different audience. Unlike more recent magical girl shows, whose characters seem to be getting younger and younger, this one seems like the characters will be kept mature (in the age sense, not the mental sense). There's gotta be stuff for the ladies too! Or else how do we defend for the hundreds of magical girl shows spanning the anime watch list.
nellmccror

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:53 pm Reply with quote
this looks like it maybe good
phia_one

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... Funi's site usually problems for me so I pretty much avoid it, but I definitely want to watch this show.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
FUNi why are you taking the shows I want to watch this season. Now I'm forced to not watch what I want legally cause I hate you that much.

Whatever, lately they've been putting stuff on YT. I'll just watch it there hopefully.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Really seems like this one's going to be a gem. The director of Daily Lives and Gintama, plus the series composer for Princess Tutu. Anime smile It looks like it's going to be a really funny, positive experience.
HayateGekkou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
This looks really good!I'm really enjoying these shows that are just overall positive. I'll definitely adding it to the queue.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Hoping this will be wacky in a good way, and not in a "so-bad-it's-good" way. The director's credits at Gintama and The Daily Lives of High School Boys gives me reason to hope, but the premise and promo materials are leaning towards the latter. Wait & see and glad I have a Funi sub (though they do tend to put everything up on Youtube after a while, at least they did this fall.)
Bean Bluester

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for this one. Very Happy
leesahlynn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
I don't think you could make me not watch this tbh. Laughing I hope it's hilarious and quirky and tons of fun!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:20 am Reply with quote
I saw article headlines for this anime, but it flew right by me. By chance I chose to check what this is about, and I'm not disappointed Smile
Sleepsalot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
Ugh, Looks gross.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Aww, I was hoping Crunchyroll would get this one...usually Funimation gets comparitively few of the series I watch, but this season it seems like they're getting all the ones I'm most looking forward to.
DeSpawn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
I think the idea box has run out...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2