• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Shuts Down Club Nintendo Customer Loyalty Program

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Man, they must be tightening the belt almost to the point of suffocation, knocking in new notches whenever they can. I have a friend who is really into Nintendo and this program. Bummer, but an end result of some poor choices and very troubled times in the last decade.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
eh, they're bringing up a new one anyway, so it's not really that big of a deal.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
As long as Nintendo opens up a new and better website in place of it, I don't a problem with this.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully they'll move back to more physical rewards. Having the gold/platinum rewards for last year be all digital games (which naturally most people who had that many points already owned all the ones they would want from that list) was a poor choice.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:10 am Reply with quote
I just really hope they give us decent stuff for the coming months.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
^
...like bringing over the Standard New 3DS to America, since there's an increasing abundance of people asking for it.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
The Japanese version still has many physical rewards, and I was happy to receive a surprise calendar in the mail. Really a shame it's shutting down. I hope the same physical rewards will be added to the new service. I always liked typing in codes, earning points, and saving up for something expensive.

Since I'm almost to 400 points now, I'll make my one and only purchase and buy a Kirby blanket once my 3DS game arrives at the end of the month. :3
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:30 am Reply with quote
America has quickly become the red-headed step child of Nintendo. Europe and Japan get amazing Platinum rewards, and the New 3DS, and lots of exclusive games, and America just gets scraps like digital copies of games as rewards. Such a shame.
D no Amerika

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
They forgot to mention that existing members will also get Flipnote Studio 3D for free in February (Finally.)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:38 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if they'll do some kind of a "farewell" event, with discounts and stuff
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:54 am Reply with quote
Nintendo America has always gotten such crappy stuff anyway. Only thing I have ever gotten a was a digital download of Zelda II that my boyfriend wanted, and a DS/3DS cartridge case(which came with a Zelda design)

New site will probably be "Get 10 points with every game registered, get 100 points and receive a 10% off coupon code for one of these two digital games" or something equally craptacular.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
Never got anything out of that anyway because so many point where requied for somehing really cheap ...
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:45 am Reply with quote
Fedora-san wrote:
America has quickly become the red-headed step child of Nintendo. Europe and Japan get amazing Platinum rewards, and the New 3DS, and lots of exclusive games, and America just gets scraps like digital copies of games as rewards. Such a shame.

Oh noes, we just get everything else far earlier than other territories save for Japan and expect the entire world to revolve around us. Considering how much special treatment America gets from the games industry this is just balance as far as I'm concerned
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
Don't freak out too much, in their statement they said that they're just setting up another rewards program. Closing one to start another. Just spend your coins while you can and know that there will be a replacement shortly. I do hope I can get enough to get the Smash Bros posters.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
I've been a Club Nintendo member since 2007, sad to see it go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2