• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Merge] The two Dragon Ball (Z) Kai series

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
If you look on the official website, there is no separation between what on this site is referred to as the first Dragon Ball (Z) Kai series and the second one. The second one still has the exact same name and logo as the first one, and is not referred to as a separate series. Rather, info on the page for the second Dragon Ball (Z) Kai series should be moved over to the first series' page, and the second series' page should be removed. Episode count for the Majin Buu arc should properly begin at #99, as shown here:

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/dragon_kai/episode/list/
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Dan has said that new seasons should always be given separate entries, with the only exception being for things that were given just one entry before this rule was made (see animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1958362#1958362). Dan specifically said the rule on giving separate seasons separate entries applies even if the episode numbers don't reset. Basically the policy is to always make separate entries if there is any way to designate the show as having multiple seasons. For Dragon Ball Kai, where there was a gap of a few years in the production, there is an obvious way to designate the two parts of the series as separate seasons. Also, the reason Dan wanted that rule was so that long running series wouldn't end up all in one entry with a massive cast list. Something like Dragon Ball Kai that is now over 100 episodes is exactly the sort of thing Dan had in mind that should be divided into multiple entries rather than having just one. The two entries for Dragon Ball Kai should definitely remain separate.

What actually needs to be cleaned up for Dragon Ball Kai is that there are a bunch of episodes from the second season listed on the first season episode list. Someone needs to remove episode 99+ from the first season's episode list and create an episode list for the second season using that information.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1