• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Animator Lists Owarimonogatari Anime in 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, wasn't expecting this today...

Quite an interesting news!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
"The beans! Quickly! Put them back in the bag!"
gel309

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
Here's to hoping Kizumono is after everything in the Monogatari series is animated
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
If they were ever to dub the various anime, I suppose it would make sense for Sentai since they dubbed the writer's Medaka Box anime. However, knowing how this series has a lot of Japanese puns, a liberal script might end up being done.
Michael Nathanael T.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Oh I'm really glad there will still be more of that Monogatari Series. I almost lose hope until I read "Monogatari Series, Next Season Tsugimonogatari". I love Kiss-Shot-Acerola-Orion-Heart-Under-Blade, even used it for Steam name.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If they were ever to dub the various anime, I suppose it would make sense for Sentai since they dubbed the writer's Medaka Box anime. However, knowing how this series has a lot of Japanese puns, a liberal script might end up being done.

Yeah, at this point, I don't think Aniplex is going to dub it. It has too much Japanese culture for it to be dubbed easily.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
gel309 wrote:
Here's to hoping Kizumono is after everything in the Monogatari series is animated

Seconded!
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind a continuation of the series, but I truely dislike how lately things are advertised as "final season" (Monogatari) or "last movie" (Naruto), but then magically continue afterwords.

Anyway, still hoping that Kizumonogatari is not dead.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:

Of course not, they will milk this franchise to the last drop of blood. They just realized there is no need to rush since Kizu is chapter 0, so they can wait until the very end to make the movie.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Blackiris_ wrote:
I don't mind a continuation of the series, but I truely dislike how lately things are advertised as "final season" (Monogatari) or "last movie" (Naruto), but then magically continue afterwords.

Same here. When a company milks a franchise to the point of multiple sequels (Land Before Time had over 10), regardless of what people may think of it, it can mean a compromise continuity and creativity.

End of Eva did this then we get the reboot.

For American films: '84's Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (the 4th film) lead to more sequels. Interestingly, we get '02's Jason X released here and that was almost 9 years after Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
With this franchise, it's always a question of "when", not "if", the next installment will be animated.

The first English-language light novel release is up on Amazon for pre-orders, by the way.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Vertical's release of Kizu, pre-ordered that book awhile back.

And, right now I'm still wondering what is going on with the license for the anime in Australia. Seems like Hanabee, who released everything from Bake to Koi, may have lost the license.

Haven't heard a peep about releases for Hana and Tsuki...and AoA have already released Hana. May just have to buy those releases, if something isn't announced soon in Aus.

Usually, Hanabee would announce a Monogatari title before AoA would release them. So far, nothing.

Hana and Tsuki may be the first AoA releases (alongside the AnoHana movie, as that hasn't been licensed) that I buy. Laughing
Kreion

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Blackiris_ wrote:

Same here. When a company milks a franchise to the point of multiple sequels (Land Before Time had over 10), regardless of what people may think of it, it can mean a compromise continuity and creativity.

End of Eva did this then we get the reboot.

For American films: '84's Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (the 4th film) lead to more sequels. Interestingly, we get '02's Jason X released here and that was almost 9 years after Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.

You really do show of your ignorance of the monogatari series with statements like this.

Listen up, the Monogatari series has three 'seasons' to the books, the first is Bake, Kizu, Nise and Neko Black. The seacond is Neko white, Kabuki, Hana, Otori, Oni and Koi. The 'final' season is Tsuki, Koyomi, Owari(1/2/3) and Zoku Owari.

The 'final' season of monogatari is in reference to six books which wrap up the plot which was never the point of the franchise anyway. If you want to be pedantic then Hana is chronologically the last book of the series, so is the final book...

Please note how in Tsuki Araragi talks about how this is the begining of the end, not the end itself - because Tsuki is the start of the final season of the novels...even though Nisio Isin continues to write short stories and there is another book vaguely planned. Point is, you clearly didn't know any of that when the important part (that Tsuki was never the last monogatari book) was even said in the anime.

So next time you want to get all pissy about something - ESPECIALLY when that something has a source material that hasn't been fully adapted yet (Shaft said ages ago they would adapt all the books and even did a PV for another Nisio Isin series to advertise it) so the company is hardly milking it.

They milked Madoka and will continue to do so but Monogatari is proceeding as any other series would.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
Kreion, I was referring to things that say "final" or "last" more in general.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1