• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Win a Free Figure from Tokyo Otaku Mode

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:34 am Reply with quote
If I get Miku, she's going straight on ebay...
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
A couple of the figures pictured here don't seem to be on TOM's website. Is there a more extensive list or are they simply not up for grabs?
MagicallyDelicious

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:59 am Reply with quote
The pictures listed in this article don't seem to correspond with the figures on the actual page but I entered for the No Game No Life Shiro 1/7 Scale Figure w/ Free Display Case [Pre-order]. Cool contest.
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:16 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Otaku Mode is awesome. I love their shirts with original designs from their artists.

I bought this one from their site a few months ago: https://otakumode.com/shop/529ed70ea5a7265920000191/K550-T-Shirt
MasterRamen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 am Reply with quote
Would they contact you by a PM if you win? Sorry I'am new to this.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:54 am Reply with quote
MasterRamen wrote:
Would they contact you by a PM if you win? Sorry I'am new to this.

Likely via the Social Media that you use to share the post.
The winners will also be listed on ANN, so you can check to see if you won.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 am Reply with quote
I'm a little confused by some things

-The figures shown here do not match those in the website
-The article says there are many figures to choose from, but the website only shows around a dozen? Is there a full list somewhere?
-I entered for the Princess of the Crystal Nendoroid, but it's in a section tagged "Offer ending soon". Does this mean the figure will no longer be eligible by the time the contest ends? If so, why even put it in the page?
-If different figures are added to the contest page, or if the one I entered for is removed, can I re-share the article asking for a different one?
-Can we make different shares asking for different figures? Would sharing the article multiple times increase our chances of winning?
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:55 am Reply with quote
Brian_FTP wrote:
Tokyo Otaku Mode is awesome. I love their shirts with original designs from their artists.

I bought this one from their site a few months ago: https://otakumode.com/shop/529ed70ea5a7265920000191/K550-T-Shirt

You're right, TOM does have some exclusive stuff.
Unfortunately, as far as anime figures go at least, after buying a few things from them, I came to the conclusion it still was cheaper to just use places like Hobby Search and cdjapan, even with shipping included.

At least their price point isn't that much different from those two. Crunchyroll and j-list, however... If you can find whatever those two have you're interested in from another reputable retailer, then get it from that another retailer. Trust me, your wallet will thank you for that...

CrowLia wrote:
I'm a little confused by some things

-The figures shown here do not match those in the website
-The article says there are many figures to choose from, but the website only shows around a dozen? Is there a full list somewhere?

The main page only show a selection of best sellers/popular ones. Just choose category 'Newest' from just above the item pictures and you'll have a descending list in chronological order.

Quote:
-I entered for the Princess of the Crystal Nendoroid, but it's in a section tagged "Offer ending soon". Does this mean the figure will no longer be eligible by the time the contest ends? If so, why even put it in the page?

Usually, and almost inevitably for the more popular franchises and figure producers, pre-order slots have run out a good while before the actual release date. Meaning unless you put a pre-order for a figure, chances are it's not gonna be available anymore at the actual release date.
If they have these figures as prizes, I assume they have reserved the slots necessary, so there shouldn't be anything to worry about.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:31 am Reply with quote
Neat figures. Social Media? Um, no thanks, I'll leave that particular dragon to it's slumber.

Mark Gosdin
MasterRamen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote
[[quote="Tempest"]
MasterRamen wrote:
Would they contact you by a PM if you win? Sorry I'am new to this./quote]
Likely via the Social Media that you use to share the post.
The winners will also be listed on ANN, so you can check to see if you won.

Thank you.
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
lol Stronger's Mugi Kotobuki isn't even on TOM's website.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Knight-Hart wrote:
lol Stronger's Mugi Kotobuki isn't even on TOM's website.

You're right. Same for most other retailers. Seems only BiginJapan has it up for grabs for now. Perhaps it wasn't supposed to be put on pre-order just yet? (actual release date March/April 2016).

Quote:
If a figure sells out before the end of the contest, you will be asked to select a new figure as your prize (new figures will be added).

I assume they mean pre-order slots might run out, because otherwise this doesn't make much sense. (Stronger Tsumugi, release date March/April 2016, Max Factory figma Asuna December 2015, GSC Reiden nendoroid November 2015, Wing Golden Darkness October 2015... <= none of those is likely to be available at the actual release date...)
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Considering how fast figurines sell out, if they don't reserve a few as prizes it'll be a pretty poor contest.
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
At least their price point isn't that much different from those two. Crunchyroll and j-list, however... If you can find whatever those two have you're interested in from another reputable retailer, then get it from that another retailer. Trust me, your wallet will thank you for that...

I think it depends, really. Beetween premium CR membership and monitoring the daily discount, the Good Smile Mikasa I got from Hobby Search with EMS would have come out to about the same price after shipping without having to worry about international ship.

Your mileage will definitely vary, since all the other figures I've ordered from Hobby Search came in just fine, but the FREEing Silica I ordered from them took 6 months from initial ship to get to me, which is just kind of depressing... not really their fault, assuming it shipped when they said it did, but after that experience I am willing to pay extra for EMS or domestic origin in exchange for peace of mind.
johnmp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I was on twitter and shiro name auto corrected to shire so I reenters on my facebook
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3