• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Reveals Collector's Edition Contents for Tokyo Ghoul, Black Lagoon Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamikazeJawa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
Well there goes all my money...
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 am Reply with quote
Haven't seen either series but I'm a sucker for anything with CE in the name so plan to get both of these and the sweet FMA CE!
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:18 am Reply with quote
Black Lagoon manga slowed down

i guess the ovas are the latest

not sure if they have enough materials for another season?
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:29 am Reply with quote
Interesting hopefully Funimation releases a lot more collecters edition box sets in the future I would just die if they released a CE of Yuri Kuma Arashi and come back to get it then die again. Very Happy
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:40 am Reply with quote
God, I am going to be so broke in September. Anime cry
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:48 am Reply with quote
I assume by collectable chipboard box they mean cheap box for collecting things in? Because that's what it is. Artbook might be nice on it's own, assuming it's not just stills from the show, as would the lighter if it's made from brass. Dog tag seems pointless since Black Lagoon isn't about the US armed forces.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
I assume by collectable chipboard box they mean cheap box for collecting things in? Because that's what it is. Artbook might be nice on it's own, assuming it's not just stills from the show, as would the lighter if it's made from brass. Dog tag seems pointless since Black Lagoon isn't about the US armed forces.

Dutch was ex-U.S. Army (or at least he claimed to be), so the dog tag is appropriate.

I wonder what the final price for that particular CE will be. Better start setting some cash aside for it.
NieR

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
I've been holding off on buying Black Lagoon until season 1, The Second Barrage, and Roberta's Blood Trail were all collected in a single release, so this is awesome. I wish it was a DVD/Bluray combo pack though, so that I could watch it on my laptop as well.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
Black lagoon seems to be the better of the 2, I like how it is in a proper box, same one Kill La Kill had. Always dislike when they have a tacky box to put everything in.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:26 am Reply with quote
The Black Lagoon collection looks great. I still have my dog tags from the Geneon release! Must have been almost 10 years or so since I bought it LOL I don't think I'll e able to squeeze it into my preorders though...I've already set my eyes on a bunch of sets this year (Evangelion, Turn A, ORIGIN, Fate/stay night, and First Gundam to name a few) I hope they announce their plans for Escaflowne soon.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
I hope they announce their plans for Escaflowne soon.

Trust me so do I. I still have that hulking Bandai DVD release where some episodes are digitally transferred and coloured and others are VHS transferred. It's not a great set but such a great series.
bs3311

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I like how it is in a proper box, same one Kill La Kill had. Always dislike when they have a tacky box to put everything in.

Same. I made a point on my AX impressions about this very same issue that I have for Funi CE's. After Psycho Pass, they seem to go way to far with these in a bad way. Making them impractical even for collectors. We run on storage efficiency, and if there is a CE ala TG or FMA that has so much stuff in a oversized box instead of the practical artbox. Then it's either not going to fit properly on any customizable shelf, or there will be items that will have go out to leave substabtial room for the next CE. That's why I prefer Aniplex/Sentai CE's alot more. But I will dip on Black Lagoon since I want my money to go to semi or practical CE's from Funi.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
If you though that was pricey, the FMA BD has a set that is in the $250 range. Sheesh, with that price, you'd think that Funi was working with AoA for the pricing.
HEY!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:15 am Reply with quote
Pretty excited for the release of Tokyo Ghoul. Love what they did with the collectors box. It makes these prices more worth it compared to many of Aniplex's flimsy LE sets these days. Digipaks are also a nice feature.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:25 am Reply with quote
I honestly think both of these are gorgeous. I'm a pretty hardcore collector, and space is important, but so are looks. As long as these sets have a quality artbox, and it appears they do, I'll give them the space they need. I'm not at all about that Soul Eater set, nor Darker Than Black, but these look to have some really nice boxes. Actually made out of chipboard too. Both of them sort of look like the K TV series and movie Japanese Blu-ray releases, which are two of my favorites. I really like how Black Lagoon is a complete box with an angled lid.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3