• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Battle Angel Alita - Fan Film

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foreezy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Hello!

Battle Angel Alita has been very dear to me for most of my adult life. I have always dreamt of creating a live-action adaptation to the Manga. However, I was able to make the first Battle Angel Alita fan-film!
https://youtu.be/VYUgpP7KeeU

We want to create a full web series for the first book by next year. Yukito Kishiro has already given us his blessing for the fan-film, so hopefully we can figure out a way to make it happen!
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Great work! Sorry if it's a bit late I was just shown this a couple days ago. I'm usually really critical of 'fan-films', but this one was imho the best I've seen. You did a great job capturing the feel of the world with what was probably a very small budget I'm guessing.

Great casting for both Galley/Alita and Doc Ido. The actress who plays Alita is a dead ringer for the character, and her makeup was very well done. I'd be willing to support this in anyway I could, as Alita is my favorite manga behind Akia. It beats waiting until 2040 for James Cameron to finish Avatar 7: The Search for More Money! lol
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1