• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya Gets 4th Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Third year in a row as expected.

Hope they properly adapt it and I bet it will debut in Summer 2016.

Last edited by Stark700 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Catsplay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Super excited for this, just mildly disappointing season 3 had an anime original ending without the cliff hanger. Wonder if they're going to try adapting in 10 episode chunks like they did part 2 or if we'll finally get a longer season.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to 3rei next year. Dat Illya every year goal must continue.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Raise your hands if you saw this coming even before Herz began o/
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Great news! I do hope though that they have more budget and less filler for Drei, as it's very battle-heavy.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming next is the announcement for a 4th Symphogear season. This pretty much just further confirms for me that 2016 is largely just going to be filled with sequels and remakes of established franchises yet again like 2014 and 2015 and that there's just absolutely nothing new planned on the horizon and that the industry so far doesn't really have much plans to change that. Pretty much everything that has been confirmed for 2016 so far aside from that obscure Mirai Arise thing Sunrise has been working on are all pre-established things in their 3rd and in some cases 4th or even 5th plus iterations and in some cases that have been around for decades. Not good for people that never saw the first bits of those things in the first place and aren't really interested to begin with but I guess good for fans of certain content that continue to be served overwhelmingly.

Anytime the industry wants to take any sort of risk on a new property or starter franchise or even newer creator with some semi-fresh ideas let me know, otherwise it's getting kind of stale in the last couple years.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Yuri sells
Catsplay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Yuri sells

3Rei isn't going to focus on the fanservice or SOL elements, like at all. It's the most action packed series of Prisma Illya.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
*Does the snoopy happy dance*

Eat that, Sailor Moon Crystal :p

Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
This pretty much just further confirms for me that 2016 is largely just going to be filled with sequels and remakes of established franchises yet again like 2014 and 2015 and that there's just absolutely nothing new planned on the horizon and that the industry so far doesn't really have much plans to change that.

With the current amount of series being produced, there is no other way for the industry to keep up. Japan is no different from Hollywood as in that they are risk averse, even if they do original content with some famous people involved it can bomb (Chaos Dragon anyone?). You make it sound like if there was a golden age when only original/new material was used (i.e. Nobody's Remi or Romeo's Blue Skies were not new material), there is still new material being adapted from light novels and manga as in prior other decades, but unless there is some kind of explosion of new directors and/or writers that produce 10k+ sales on a regular basis using 100% original content, we will continue to see more sequels which imo is not something bad (crossing my fingers for more spice and wolf, among many others).

Kougeru wrote:
Yuri sells

I would absolutely love this statement to be true, but the numbers tell otherwise, unless they are mostly is comedy (like in Yuru Yuri) or action (like in Prisma) recently there has been no Yuri focused series that has not bombed.

Before you mention ecchi (in which illya was this season vastly overpowered by Shimoneta or Monmosu), it is not an element that guarantees success, as the last season of DxD and this season monmosu can prove.

*disappears again*
spyroyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Yuri sells

This isn't Yuri.

Also I can't wait for this the third part of the manga is the most action packed
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP!!! Oh my Lord, I can't wait. Drei is epic and dark. I'm talking Fate/ZERO grim.

"Do you have enough resolve, champion of justice?" is one of the best lines in the manga. Yes, it mirrors UBW, but it's perfect.
lucio542

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
OMG
YES
connysanada

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
error

Last edited by connysanada on Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
connysanada wrote:
Already, huh. They could have made this like one of those ongoing anime series, like One Piece, Fairy Tail, and Detective Conan.

It has enough filler as it is, no thanks.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Im all ways up for more
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2