• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ponycan USA Details Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers Home Video Release

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuusei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I will not be buying this unless I know that they fixed the names. even if it's just a minor thing, it still bugged me a bit. and the thought of them saying Flamie in the dub is cringe
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited to see more of this series (Only saw the first ep. so far) but everything I've heard about it gives me hope for an awesome, uncommon ride.

The prospects of a dub are especially uplifting since there're a number of friends and family I want to intro Rokka to who can't deal with subs while watching a show.

Here's hoping the paired-down release is either the first or second date planned.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
How about detailing the Hibike Euphonium release since that aired earlier in the year than Rokka did.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
So miserable sales in Japan, and now in the US Aniplex 2, I meant Pony Canyon got this. Its a shame because this was pretty good series, that is ends like this.
Videogamep

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
So miserable sales in Japan, and now in the US Aniplex 2, I meant Pony Canyon got this. Its a shame because this was pretty good series, that is ends like this.

Were it's sales that bad?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

Very. Only around 500 BDs were sold. But the publisher probably didn't expect Rokka to sell well in the first place, since not many BDs were in stock to begin with.

That said, sales for the LNs have been surprisingly solid recently, and the publisher can use that as an incentive to greenlight a S2.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
How about detailing the Hibike Euphonium release

I was about to post the same. I hope PONYCAN is not forgetting that they also licensed the much better (than Rokka) Euphonium.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to watching this series but whether I purchase the ponycan box sets or not depends on if they dub it or not, I'm not spending $215 on a sub only release.

Hopefully they release info about Euphonium soon too as I'm really looking forward to that release and I'll be sad if it doesn't get a dub.

Last edited by DuchessBianca on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

In Japan? Yes they were abysmal. Not only that there was no bump at all in light novel sales. I think the show will sell well in the Western market though as there seemed to be alot of buzz from the west. Just don't ever bank on there being another season.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:32 pm Reply with quote
No thanks, but can we get the light novels?
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Jajanken wrote:
No thanks, but can we get the light novels?

I dunno if PonyCan has any say on whether or not the LNs can be released over here. Maybe you could bug Yen Press, they've been licensing quite a few LNs recently.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Knowing them, they will charge more than Aniplex USA charges. From a sales standpoint, wouldn't it make sense to lower the price quite a bit if the home country's sales weren't spectacular?
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
I would've considered buying this one, but PonyCan's release is probably too much for my budget considering I didn't love-love it.

I will totally buy the LNs, though. Let's go Yen Press!

#shuusei wrote:
I will not be buying this unless I know that they fixed the names. even if it's just a minor thing, it still bugged me a bit. and the thought of them saying Flamie in the dub is cringe

The Japanese website uses the same Romanizations that were in the subs. See: http://rokka-anime.jp/character/Flamie/

Did the light novels provide different Romanizations? And I mean beyond fan-translations.

Last edited by RestLessone on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
relyat08

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
How about detailing the Hibike Euphonium release

I was about to post the same. I hope PONYCAN is not forgetting that they also licensed the much better (than Rokka) Euphonium.

I third this. Maybe they're working on giving us something more than their standard(so far) 3 volume plastic cases. Very Happy

It sounds like this is going to follow the same style as their previous releases. 3 volumes, all extra large plastic cases with, maybe a CD, or some other extra. Maybe some key frames if you pre-order.
I'm really curious how these have been doing for them.
chito895

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I was so sad when I saw that PonyCan was the one that licesed this one. I just hope that at some point they release a BD/DVD with all the episodes just like Sentai or Funi, but I think that's not going to happen.

But as someone before said, I'll definitely buy the LNs when they get licensed by Yen Press or any other company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5