• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hideaki Anno, Companies Congratulate Evangelion on 20 Years

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ushio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
4th rebuild film when? it's only been 3 years since the last one.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
shinji akarai? may of may not have been his mother?

somebody needs to hire an editor. aside from that, did anno really thank the fandom? lol.
Isinfier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Anno... thanking the fandom? He's really trying to head off those death threats this time, huh.

It doesn't feel like it's been twenty years since the series first aired. Even then, it's held up remarkably well. Anyhow, I guess we'll not hear anything more regarding Eva 3.0+1 0 until Anno is done working on Godzilla.
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Isinfier wrote:
Anno... thanking the fandom? He's really trying to head off those death threats this time, huh.

It doesn't feel like it's been twenty years since the series first aired. Even then, it's held up remarkably well. Anyhow, I guess we'll not hear anything more regarding Eva 3.0+1 0 until Anno is done working on Godzilla.

he's doing both.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me, but Anno doesn't seem to care lol. His gratitude was so boring and standard, like saying hello, "thank you for your support and hard work of the staff". C'mon man, be a little more expressive
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Anno doing all these changes to Eva reminds of a certain Star Wars creator.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Yoko Takahashi posted something about it too.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Does somebody knows the name of the Japanese font used in the series? Since I tried to find the name of that font, but with no luck.
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if a lot of people would reenact the infamous ending of the TV series if they found out about this. . . . .
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
The amount of disrespect you people are showing is disgusting. How about you be grateful for a change. At least he's grateful unlike the people commenting on this forum.

Please, go and do your research about Anno's history with depression and how working on Evangelion made him depressed.

And stop acting so entitled to a 4th film. They don't have to give you one, nor do you actually need it.
Joe anime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
The amount of disrespect you people are showing is disgusting. How about you be grateful for a change. At least he's grateful unlike the people commenting on this forum.

Please, go and do your research about Anno's history with depression and how working on Evangelion made him depressed.

And stop acting so entitled to a 4th film. They don't have to give you one, nor do you actually need it.

I agree 100%,Anno's work on Evangelion really took a toll on him.so to see him doing well now is great.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:28 am Reply with quote
I really should get around to checking out Evangelion. Never seen the original. I do have the Angelic Days manga sitting on my shelf...should get around to reading that. Anime hyper
Set1229

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

I may not be a fan of the series, but I totally agree. In fact, I can relate to what Anno was doing by giving Shinji depression, I have had it myself for a long time and consider him one of the most misunderstood characters in anime.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:

I'm grateful yet I still want to watch Eva 4.0, at least before I die because of old age, waiting for movie to be done Rolling Eyes
Chappers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
Does somebody knows the name of the Japanese font used in the series? Since I tried to find the name of that font, but with no luck.

You're in luck: there's a fairly new article translated here all about Gainax's use of Matisse EB in Eva.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2