• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto's Itachi Shinden-hen TV Anime to Premiere in March

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catsplay

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:04 am Reply with quote
If the anime doesn't return to canon soon, then it won't be able to finish the plotline before this light novel adaptation begins. I'll just be done with the anime if they decide to delay the ending even longer.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
I hope this means the main story will be done by March. Enough of the pointless filler
Drunk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
According to an user on Narutoforums who is always posting the next few episodes (from a Japanese TV magazine or something like that), there won't be any episodes in the next two weeks. The two episodes after that will be still in Tsunades dream arc and it looks like they will continue after that. So I guess that when Tsunades dream arc ends, they'll start airing Itachi Shinden.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54893576&postcount=1

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54894492&postcount=5
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
Catsplay wrote:
If the anime doesn't return to canon soon, then it won't be able to finish the plotline before this light novel adaptation begins. I'll just be done with the anime if they decide to delay the ending even longer.

The last canon episode this year was ep. 427, To the Dreamworld". This aired on Sep. and corresponded to ch. 677.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
If that is the case, may the various anime gods smite them for the sin of creating too much filler. Let Shiba Tastuya smite them with his nuke gun. May Saitama dispatch them with a single punch.

Last edited by zrnzle500 on Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Yeah... Exactly how long has the manga been finished? This is...embarrassing.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
TBH, Studio Clown is worse than Toei

Last edited by GamerTimeUSA on Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, no way they could wrap up the canon material before march. I'm curious what they'll do after this arc, whether they'll actually finish it or continue with fillers or something else.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Prior to the last year or so, filler was *mostly* utilized during narratively appropriate breaks n the story. Now the main story has become an elaborate framing device for lengthy filler arcs.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Sigh. I'm all for adapting the novels into anime "filler"...but good lord, they couldn't wait until after they finally finished the Kaguya battle?
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
shouldn't they finish the main series first

this dream world filler has gone on long enough, people are starting to get annoyed with it

a little filler is fine, i understand why they do it but this one is beyond a joke and it isn't even that good (at least some of the old filler was pretty decent) after all the manga has been finished for over a year now so they really should end it before the train comes off the tracks
Ushio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I had actually thought they where dragging the anime out to get it to 700 episodes (220 Naruto and 480 Shippuden) but with how long this filler is due to last I could see Shippuden getting to episode 700 before it ends (only half joking on that last bit).
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Dragon Ball Z ended eight months after its manga(but then, of course, went into GT immediately after and stayed on the air for a year and change). It's been a year and six weeks since Naruto ended. Not only does Shippuden have to finish the manga, but Boruto is obviously going to be animated. So, yeah, Naruto is not over by a long shot.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Dragon Ball Z ended eight months after its manga(but then, of course, went into GT immediately after and stayed on the air for a year and change). It's been a year and six weeks since Naruto ended. Not only does Shippuden have to finish the manga, but Boruto is obviously going to be animated. So, yeah, Naruto is not over by a long shot.

So then, why in the world can't just they just get around to animating the end of the manga?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
According to an user on Narutoforums who is always posting the next few episodes (from a Japanese TV magazine or something like that), there won't be any episodes in the next two weeks. The two episodes after that will be still in Tsunades dream arc and it looks like they will continue after that. So I guess that when Tsunades dream arc ends, they'll start airing Itachi Shinden.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54893576&postcount=1

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54894492&postcount=5

DAMN IT!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2