• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Point Blank

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyanYasha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Point Blank is a series of Carnival styled First-person shooter games developed by Namco for the arcade, PlayStation and Nintendo DS; the trilogy was first released in arcade in 1994 and was later ported onto the PlayStation. Point Blank DS was released in 2006 for the Nintendo DS featuring 40 challenges from the original series - and the original Point Blank was the sixth lightgun game released by Namco, after both Golly! Ghost!s and Steel Gunners (1990–91) and Lucky & Wild (1992), the last one requiring the first player to drive as well as operate the lightgun. I've gotten interested into this game right now, but seeing how i've never played it before even though i'm a first person shooter fanatic myself, I really should ask which point blank is the more better? I'm going over a list of the point blank series and see which one will be the best for you guys to decide.

Point Blank 1:The game has a distinct cartoon theme and is non-violent, making it suitable for all ages. Each stage has a different objective, explained at the start of each stage. Dan and Don the 2 mascots of the series are usually seen instructing you about each stage. This varies from simple target shooting (and avoid to shoot bomb), shooting cardboard villains (avoid shooting cardboard civilians), shooting own color targets (avoid shooting opposing players color), protecting the iconic Dr.Don and Dr. Dan, and many miscellaneous challenges such as the Galaxian stage where lightgun is used in place of spaceships to shoot aliens.

The stages are presented in groups of 4 and the player or players can choose in which order to play them. You lose a life-heart when you shoot an incorrect target or bomb, or when you fail to complete a mission within the time limit. well the first one does sound exciting but i hope the second one holds up as good as the first one. if there's one game i can't stop thinking about it's the stage where you have to shoot the samurais while avoiding shooting the maidens. I really love the one where you shoot the wool off of the sheep. i think the first one has a good carnival style to help it hold out.

Point Blank 2:alright. this Sequel of point blank, point blank 2 might be even better in my opinion. there are 4 modes on this one, first there's theme park mode which is like a story telling adventure, there's a party mode where up to 8 players can compete Endurance mode which is basically testing your skill, and then there's the old fashioned arcade mode like the original mode from the first. if there's one game i really love on this one, it's the Galaxian type game! Smile i love how Galaxian goes from vertical into First person shooting! it's like experiencing sitting inside the ship and actually taking out the alien ships themselves. awsome concept. if there's one game i also know on this disc, it's the game where Dan and Don hold up targets and tell you which color to shoot which is kind of similar to shy guy says in Mario Party. Love the idea of that.

Point Blank 3:Things might get a little bit more similar to the same way around. Point Blank 3 has up to 8 players playing it out in the new Team Battle mode, where you take turns to fight it out, and win as many games as possible. Also new is the Endurance mode for 1 player, where you simply have to win as many games as possible before you use up all of your credits. if this is begging to sound too much like point blank 2 already, get a load of this. there's one game where you have to shoot a soccer ball into the goal sounds pretty intense if you're into sports. i also remember one game where you're in this shooting range aiming for the cubes with targets while avoiding the bombs. i also remember that there's one game that has these Mokujin like characters from Tekken 3 and you have to shoot the one doing a pose that matches the same. the creepiest game of all on this disc was where you have to shoot the train before it runs over you! Shocked wow! that was super creepy. at least in the original point blank you had to shoot the car before time ran out like in at least 65 shots. so which point blank is the better? Point blank 1 2 or 3?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Video Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1