• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz to Stream JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Terraformars Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
But...but...but...Viz's video player doesn't support HD! How am I supposed to live without watching my Jojo 4 simulcast in HD? (Not to mention anyone not living in NA is screwed.)

*begins researching means of purchasing goat to sacrifice in order to get Diamond is Unbreakable on Crunchyroll as well*
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
It should be noted that Viz now owns the rights to the anime outright.

And this will probably mean we'll get a DVD/BR release that looks like some effort was actually put into it.

Darkmagick wrote:
But...but...but...Viz's video player doesn't support HD! How am I supposed to live without watching my Jojo 4 simulcast in HD? (Not to mention anyone not living in NA is screwed.)

*begins researching means of purchasing goat to sacrifice in order to get Diamond is Unbreakable on Crunchyroll as well*

There is no reason to believe Part 4 won't be streamed on Crunchyroll yet as the first 3 were streamed there.

My only concern now is what happens to the music and all the references? Despite Warner not knowing what the hell to do with the series, they had the money to get all the music in order. Viz...not so much...
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:

I imagine it'll end up on Cruncyroll. Sailor Moon Crystal, One-Punch Man, Naruto are examples.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Darkmagick wrote:

I imagine it'll end up on Cruncyroll. Sailor Moon Crystal, One-Punch Man, Naruto are examples.

One Punch Man is not on Crunchyroll. It's on Hulu and Daisuki. (I think CR could still be streaming Part 4).
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, Terraformars...

I want to guess that this & Jojo was part of some package deal and that WB will be handling the legal crap over Jojo's ED songs. Guess we'll have to wait and see when those episodes get posted on Hulu.

As for Crunchyroll, there's still Anime Boston & Sakura-Con next weekend so if they don't announce Jojo Part 4 for themselves there then they might be screwed.

Last edited by NJ_ on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Selipse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, I seriously hope Crunchyroll will still stream both of these. I've had enough with Funi taking HeroAca (and pretty much just existing in the first place) and now freaking Amazon entering the competition and taking noitaminA itself.

I know the suits in Japan are the ones that force them to buy more territories, but Christ, can't they at least separate Latin America from the US and Canada? At least the guys in Europe sometimes get the shows through other sites.

This doesn't do anything but keep piracy alive.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind CR streaming it, but I'd be fine if they just sent them to Hulu. Hopefully they don't just do it from their website. I didn't buy a Hulu subscription to watch stuff on my computer.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:57 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
bleachj0j wrote:
Darkmagick wrote:

One Punch Man is not on Crunchyroll. It's on Hulu and Daisuki. (I think CR could still be streaming Part 4).

Doh! Right, I was thinking of Daisuki for One-Punch
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, this came out of the blue, but yeah, hope that CR would get it too, considering they also have parts 1-3, but Viz now having the rights to that too is something (for/on Hulu I'm assuming).

Anyways, hope it goes real Gureto-Daze!
Raikuro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
I wouldn't mind CR streaming it, but I'd be fine if they just sent them to Hulu. Hopefully they don't just do it from their website. I didn't buy a Hulu subscription to watch stuff on my computer.

Viz.com only uses embedded Hulu videos, so it should be fully available through Hulu if that is good enough for you. I think Darkmagick's problem is that Hulu only goes up to 720p.
nagpo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:08 pm Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:

And this will probably mean we'll get a DVD/BR release that looks like some effort was actually put into it.

Do you have a source for this news? thnx
j Talbain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I hope CR gets these two shows becuase viz streaming does not work in Canada so we'd be S O L for these series.
3ngag3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
nagpo wrote:
3ngag3 wrote:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/711345817257385986
Gonstead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:04 am Reply with quote
3ngag3 wrote:
nagpo wrote:
3ngag3 wrote:

https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/711345817257385986

That is simply the announcement they have streaming rights, not the actual license itself.
darkdeath174

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:49 am Reply with quote
Let's hope Crunchyroll still gets these. As I'm Canadian I'm locked out of all of legal Viz streams.

Their Canadian streaming options have been "coming soon" for what, 5+ years now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3