• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New D. Grayman TV Anime's Promo Video Reveals More of Cast, Title, July Premiere

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:57 am Reply with quote
Summer 2016 premiere nice. That means less waiting although I wish they kept the same VA for Allen as before. Still looking forward to it though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
Got curious and watched the trailer. I'll forget what I saw soon. lol

Damn. I knew it, but I had to see it. My favorite seiyuu's are gone. While I like the new one's by name, it will take some time to adjust.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:09 am Reply with quote
I knew it was coming, but it still hurts my soul to know Sakurai won't be reprising Kanda, he was just perfect on that role. I wish the PV had given us a little of the new voices to start getting used to them. I'm still excited about this because the Kanda arc is one of my favorites in the manga but I can't help feeling sad about the voice changes. I'd be really curious to know why they couldn't bring back the original cast
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:12 am Reply with quote
It looks gorgeous. I can't wait to see more of the story animated!! Very Happy Cool Very Happy
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
Oh crap I forgot about this, and it's so soon too. It looks really stunning so far Smile I just would like to hear some voice clips already so I can try to comprehend why they thought Murase Ayumu was a good fit. I love him but really??
Despite this being one of the first anime I watched "on my own" I'm not too caught on the change of VAs as long as they are fitting.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:16 am Reply with quote
Umm so this gonna be a sequel to the previous d.gray man and will they use the manga source or we gonna get some original stuff??
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
The PV and the inclusion of Alma in the cast are pretty evident indicatives of it going the manga route. It would make no sense to do original stuff when there's plenty of manga left to animate
Deynard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:19 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Umm so this gonna be a sequel to the previous d.gray man and will they use the manga source or we gonna get some original stuff??
'

It will be a sequel to 1st season with next chapters.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote
I am so jubilant that Sakurai is not Kanda anymore. Yahoo! Although I feel terribly sad about the other new cast. SuzuKen, ShizuItou and of course, SanaKoba... I will miss their respective roles.

I will be utterly happy if Cross Marian or Millenium Earl will be played by Koyasu Takehito~
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:12 am Reply with quote
The article links to the profile of the wrong Takuya Satou. I think it should be this one
souji5okita

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
Wow this looks nice. If only Berserk was getting the same treatment.
halo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The first 103-episode anime series aired from 2006-2008. Funimation released the anime on Blu-ray and DVD in North America.

I think it's worth mentioning they never released the whole series. I think they released about half on DVD and less than that on Blu-ray
pandoraking

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
Loved the pv!! now lets pray uverworld come back aswell
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:27 am Reply with quote
Very excited for this new series! The animation definitely looks good.

halo wrote:
Quote:
The first 103-episode anime series aired from 2006-2008. Funimation released the anime on Blu-ray and DVD in North America.

I think it's worth mentioning they never released the whole series. I think they released about half on DVD and less than that on Blu-ray
I don't think they released D.Gray-man on Blu-ray at all, lol. I wish they'd get the rest of the series sometime though, I liked the dub a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yappers4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:40 am Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
Very excited for this new series! The animation definitely looks good.

halo wrote:
Quote:

I don't think they released D.Gray-man on Blu-ray at all, lol. I wish they'd get the rest of the series sometime though, I liked the dub a lot.

The first 26 episodes are on Blu-ray. It can be found and bought on Amazon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3