• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japan's Highway Service Stations Get Anthropomorphized in Web Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wastrel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
All shall be moe. Resistance to all that is moe will itself be turned into a moe character. She will fight with the other moe characters until they pat her on the head and say "There, there" and then they will all be friends.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:54 pm Reply with quote
What's next, law firms?

... Please say it's law firms.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if restaurants will be another service that will get the "anthropomorphization" treatment one day.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Japan will NEVER stop Anthropomorphizing things into cute girls but why would you want them to stop in the first place. Very Happy
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
^
EricJ2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:26 am Reply with quote
Still, two-and-a-half cute Giant characters--Maybe a metaphor for giant corporations, but nice to see Japanese fans are starting to catch the bug for the next big fetish after "Seven Deadly Sins". Smile
Gigantesses could be to the late 10's what Monster girls were to the early 10's or Maids were to the early 00's.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Which Service Station girl is best Service Station girl? I'm torn between Nagashino, who has that historic Japan appeal with the samurai swords and her cherry blossom-coloured kimono, and Hamamatsu, because her design has a certain "optimistic innocence" to her and also because she represents the city in which Strawberry Marshmallow takes place.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of lost with some of these references. I don't know much about the geography of Japan, so they probably don't make quite as much sense to me as it would for their intended audience.

EricJ2 wrote:
Still, two-and-a-half cute Giant characters--Maybe a metaphor for giant corporations, but nice to see Japanese fans are starting to catch the bug for the next big fetish after "Seven Deadly Sins". Smile
Gigantesses could be to the late 10's what Monster girls were to the early 10's or Maids were to the early 00's.

The furries are simmering in the background...I wonder when THEY'LL get their turn.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1